Easy to install performance enhancers

joshb003

:
2011 Mazda 2
Hello!

I'm definitely no mechanic, but I do understand instructions easily and I am capable of following them. The issue is, my mechanical experience basically is limited to oil/air filter changes and tire rotations/brakes!

Are there any performance enhancers I can add to my m2 without extremely hard installation?

Also do these performance enhancers void warranties?

Hello!

I'm definitely no mechanic, but I do understand instructions easily and I am capable of following them. The issue is, my mechanical experience basically is limited to oil/air filter changes and tire rotations/brakes!

Are there any performance enhancers I can add to my m2 without extremely hard installation?

Also do these performance enhancers void warranties?

the dealer may say they do though they shouldnt, if u look around the threads youll find multiple threads about multiple mods. most if not all "bolt-ons"

Last edited:
I shall search then, but the question about the warranty being voided still stands! anybody have an idea?

I shall search then, but the question about the warranty being voided still stands! anybody have an idea?

depends. some dealerships dont care. some will use it against you to get money out of you. but theres like some law that works for you.

talk to your dealership. and try and be as nice as possible. maybe say , o yeah ive told many a friend to come here. also...i was wondering blah blah. mod my car blah blah but ill show it off blahblah

normally, whatever you change on the car, will void the warranty for that particular part. Lets say you get lowering springs, whatever warranty you have on the suspension of your car including those struts is and should be now void.

If you change the rims and tires, and have their road hazard warranty, they MIGHT cover tires but not the rims if you damage them on a pothole.

You reflash the ECU, they won't cover that anymore...ect ect.

Most dealers will tell you just to return everything thats wrong back to factory before you take the car back in for service if you are having issues.

You never want to give up/volunteer information in these types of situations, test the water with your dealership and ask them about modded parts cuz maybe you were thinking of some things to do to make your car more "unique". Never tell them that you've done certain things until you are certain they will not mind.

There was an article a while back posted by SEMA, that some top branch of the government that governs the issues with warranties and things like that, said that aftermarket parts should not and will not void factory warranties, UNLESS the dealer, and this burden falls on the dealer alone, unless the dealer can prove WITHOUT A DOUBT, that the modification is the reason for the failure or the need for warranty work.

So installing aftermarket intake doesn't void the warranty on your lets say...your head in case you blow the head gasket. Or an exhaust system ****** up your coil packs...they can't pull things like that.

shaowq hit the nail on the head. It's called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act, and it says that a company can *only* void warranty on a part that the company can show was affected by a modification, and the burden of proof rests on the company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

I know people that carry printed out copies of the act in their glove compartment.

Do be warned though that they have more money than you. A rule i usually follow is that if i modify a system, i expect that i'll have a harder time getting warranty work done on that system. if I put in an intake will that affect my head gasket? almost certainly not, but they could certainly argue that it made me run lean, which caused detonation, which blah blah blah. If you mess with suspension, expect to get some flak if you blow a shock, even if it was just aftermarket endlinks. if you run an intake, put it back to stock before you complain about a powertrain issue.

Back