Mp5t

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I wouldn't bother..

Once again. I would need to throw away a $10,000 transmission... and start fresh.

If I were to throw away that much time and money I would never go with a freakin kl or the disi. Or any mazda motor for that matter I would rather go with a motor that can actually hold s*** tons of power and that there's an actual market for. Either way brian don't ever go away from your setup... unless of course somebody buys a built motor and trans for you and you spend no money on it

Well the only difference in the KL and FS tranny is the bell housing. You can swap the internals over easy peasy. And there is a mod for the KL to delete the disty and run a GM HEI for ~$80.

But I understand why would you go with a different motor since you'll already got so much invested in your FS-DE already. :)

Congats on MOTM! Your car sounds and runs great. Love the vids. I saw the Ksport RR's, have you ever tracked the car on a strip or auto-x?

Nice set up dude, I'm interested on that CARPUTER , how much it cost total ... i'm thinking to go that route but there's so much crap online its giving me a headache so can you post some specs or something I can look into.

That electric water pump sounds nifty but I wonder how that would work for DD car driven all yr around.

On another note, I'm looking into getting custom gears later on and you have even taller gears than what i planned but then again your gearing toward top end instead of DD friendly, how's 1-3rd gear on local streets ? any lag (even though you have small turbo) , how often you change trans oil ?

I love those red and blue valves you got for the pcv, rad, and pretty much everything else under your hood. Are those custom? If not, id really like to know where you got all of em. Thanx-Ben
p.s.-you deffinately got the best p5 on here.

Thanks for doing this car justice. I love the protege5 and feel special owning one. I don't see many of them out there, but everyone I know that owns one or has owned one was in love with it. I can only hope that one day, my car will be 1/100th of what yours is.

Nice set up dude, I'm interested on that CARPUTER , how much it cost total ... i'm thinking to go that route but there's so much crap online its giving me a headache so can you post some specs or something I can look into.
That electric water pump sounds nifty but I wonder how that would work for DD car driven all yr around.On another note, I'm looking into getting custom gears later on and you have even taller gears than what i planned but then again your gearing toward top end instead of DD friendly, how's 1-3rd gear on local streets ? any lag (even though you have small turbo) , how often you change trans oil ?

Carputer as in the Engine management? It is a Haltech PS1000. It will run any engine from 1 to 12 Cyl, Rotary or Piston, Turbo or NA.

The Taller gears are streetable and fine and should be what the car came with initially..

I love those red and blue valves you got for the pcv, rad, and pretty much everything else under your hood. Are those custom? If not, id really like to know where you got all of em. Thanx-Ben
p.s.-you deffinately got the best p5 on here.

Normal "AN" fittings.. They can be bought almost anywhere.. Russell and Aeroquip are two companies.

Thanks for doing this car justice. I love the protege5 and feel special owning one. I don't see many of them out there, but everyone I know that owns one or has owned one was in love with it. I can only hope that one day, my car will be 1/100th of what yours is.

Thanks Very much.

Fantastic build! Car is an amazing work of badass functional art!

BUT...

I have one complaint. The racing harnesses setup. All of it. I really don't mean to sound like a dick but it's just wrong on all levels. I would urge you to look at some of these links so you can improve your install as well as safety.
http://www.doubledgarage.com/?p=2925
http://www.takataracingproducts.com/guide.html
A lot of stuff here but very very informative. http://www.schroth.com/installation-instructions/en/index.html

Looking forward to more!

you really need to post a video of the gauges and dash pack under full acceleration.

speedcircuit_logo_small.jpg

400399_10151226082485061_857595060_22733577_465475259_n.jpg

427141_10151226079700061_857595060_22733557_1304277552_n.jpg

400982_10151226074960061_857595060_22733522_1223576329_n.jpg

396261_10151226071985061_857595060_22733495_1270301886_n.jpg

Im still waiting for mine. =(

Hey Brian, how are you going to do the drain fitting for the turbo? Weld it in?

True ingeniuty in this build! You remind me of my friends dad who happens to be an engineer, this is something he once told me when we were working on my dirt bike a couple years back, " a problem, fitting issue, or mechanical failure is simply a detail" you have an amazing vehicle, and at 16 years old, i hope that by the time I am 50, i will be half as intelligent as you are, a true inspiration! Keep it up and you'll have that texas mile record under your belt,
Huge props to you!

Nice addition for sure! did you get the decals?
I did this friday, I will wait till spring to fire them on properly, thanks.
And how long did you have to wait for yours?
One Million, seven hundred Hours...
Im still waiting for mine. =(
Hey Brian, how are you going to do the drain fitting for the turbo? Weld it in?
Not required.. I tapped the windage tray years ago...
Here is a Really Really old Picture, Like from 2005
Engine%201.jpg

True ingenuity in this build! You remind me of my friends dad who happens to be an engineer, this is something he once told me when we were working on my dirt bike a couple years back, " a problem, fitting issue, or mechanical failure is simply a detail" you have an amazing vehicle, and at 16 years old, i hope that by the time I am 50, i will be half as intelligent as you are, a true inspiration! Keep it up and you'll have that texas mile record under your belt,
Huge props to you!

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at the car..

more s*** going on in the spring..

UPDATE: TEARDOWN BEGINS.

428130_10151251358660061_857595060_22809298_710300525_n.jpg

New Engine, Updated Ratios in Transmission and a larger GT3071 Turbo.

-
4th Gear (0.725) vs 1.030 Stock
- 5th Gear (0.625) vs 0.795 Stock

So you see, my new 4th gear is significantly taller than the stock 5th.. LOLZ

In 4th gear I will be turning 123 Km/h at @3000...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back