Mp5t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice driving vids! I love the sound of straight-cut gears =) That's how a true driver's car should sound! Ever think about doing sequential-shift? Or is your focus more for top speed than for timed distance?

I believe that it would cost too much time and reliability to make something that might not actually improve the driving experience.

This is not to sound negative so please don't take it like that. I'm not into doing modifications because they are "Baller" or haven't been done before. I do them because they either need to be done or have a good return of effort.

Before I did that, I would plan on a 6 Speed Transmission with long gears.

I think that having to fabricate an entire shifter fork system is a bit unnecessary.

Got my vote for MOTM btw ;) Your car is engineering at it's finest and I love that everything done has function!

Every time I look at this thread I get inspired to work on my car and try to reach my goals. Great work Brian. A true inspiration to all Mazda people out there.

Brian nice to see you are back. You definitely have and the best Protege Build Ever done. you have basically redesigned the whole car and make it to perform better.... This place need it a person like you with lots of knowledge and who knows to help others with some of the knowledge you have to make things better.. This place is full of My dick is bigger and better than yours, if you know what i mean.. lots of people here just hating and not sharing.. Welcome back man..

Ive been working on my car silently for couple of months and have few things in mind that i would like to discuss with you and get some adivice and ideas. Also ive done something to the transmission that i might start selling deppending of how things goes. I wil PM you with some pictures of what im talking about...

Subbin. Badass P5. (2thumbs)

Sick car! So jealous! Great work!

Sex on wheels!!

Thanks very much for the P5 Love. I want to share a funny thing that happened to me on Thursday. I was asked to give a friend a lift home on the day before... It was a nice day so I took the P5. I started up the car to take him home. I wish I had the camera on him... His face was my face the first time I started that car in 2002 with the AWR Mounts (Was one of the first modifications) I had thought "what the Eff have I done to my Brand New Car". It was viral after that... the car is so not what it was when I bought it. The plan evolved, but the current plan is very close to what I have in my brain as a finished product. Never Done.

Needless to say, he was first shocked then started to laugh the first time I stomped third gear from 3000 to 5500. The car gains speed so unlike anything else he had ever been in.. It also sheds it quickly with braking.

He is selling his caliber for an SRT4... Lol... Like I said, Viral.

Every time I look at this thread I get inspired to work on my car and try to reach my goals. Great work Brian. A true inspiration to all Mazda people out there.

Brian nice to see you are back. You definitely have and the best Protege Build Ever done. you have basically redesigned the whole car and make it to perform better.... This place need it a person like you with lots of knowledge and who knows to help others with some of the knowledge you have to make things better.. This place is full of My dick is bigger and better than yours, if you know what i mean.. lots of people here just hating and not sharing.. Welcome back man.. Ive been working on my car silently for couple of months and have few things in mind that i would like to discuss with you and get some advice and ideas. Also ive done something to the transmission that i might start selling depending of how things goes. I will PM you with some pictures of what im talking about...

I am back and happy to be back. I started to read some of the posts in the Protege section, and in the Turbo section.. So many people still building this car up from scratch. So many misconceptions about boosting or people only having 5% of the information they need to make proper choices. I am happy that already I feel as if I have started to get some people on the correct track with the help of other forum members who are also very aware about what it takes to modify this platform. Believe my, I am very aware of your build and I follow it. PM Me if you like about your transmission item, I am interested.

Greatest P5 I've ever seen!!!

Thanks very much,

For some Reason Brian you cannot receive PMs.. did you disable the option ? if so do you have AOL Messenger or MSN messenger Screen Name so we can talk ???

Wow this thing is so unbelievably sick.

You make me feel so poor lol.

How much did the engine itself cost if you don't mind me asking? (All the internals and the head etc.)

Last edited:
another great build, saw this build on another forum but never really read into it. Im really loving that Haltech Racepak. I WANT ONE!!!! You can definitely tell straight cut gears are in there. Don't know if I missed it, but have you dynoed at all or done any 1/4 mile passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back