2.0t03speed's 95 Miata build thread

lol yea theres a difference between a crappy running big enchilada msm making 180whp and my super slow maybe 125whp miata lol. to give you an idea of how slow my miata is last week it was raining and i was like lets see if i can break loose the tires in 1st. i stomped 1st from a slow roll and nada the car lust accelerated......slowly lol. my msp on the other hand i stomped it in 2nd and the wheels broke loose and my car revved up so fast i thought i popped out of 2nd gear and was in neutral lol. Also i was in a msm a few weeks ago with just a fm intake and it was really quick had nice torque and pulled great. i can only imagine what yours will be like with a extra 50whp after your figure out your issue.

Well... you're also comparing apples to oranges with FWD and RWD in the rain. Weight transfer in the FWD when accelerating makes it easier to break them loose. With my old tires, in 30 degree F weather, I could break them loose in 2nd when boost built up... Heh. That was mainly due to the tires being rock hard in the cold though.

Haha, it's all good. Doesn't make it any less fun though!

well its been over a month since i've updated this thread and i figure its time now that i've bought some stuff for it. Ordered me some revlimiter (nutz version) gauge faces and sharka's vent rings. for those of you who dont know what they look like here they are.
nutz-us05.jpg

nutz4.jpg

and here are the vent rings.

ring04.jpg

oh and i've also remove the flush mounts and have the stock pop up's back in i just need to get a new center console switch because the headlights are stuck in the up position.

So how about my dumbass just realized that you bought Jay's car. I drove that thing right after he got it. Solid car!

haha yea man. Car's good just has a few heat sheild rattles under the car that i need to fix and i have to change out the front main seal to stop my oil leak. Other then that its solid. Going to swap to synthetic here soon to hopefully fix the lifter tick i get sometimes when its cold.

also i think ive changed direction as far as wheels go with the car. i think i'm going to pick up a set of enkei 92's in 15x8 +25 it will give me more of a usable offset vs the +0 on the grid v's.

here they are in gold (i would get the silver version for my miata)
VP2_2686.jpg

=D heres an older set of 92's in 14 +0. its really just to show what the silver looks like on a black car.

5532795720_d1f8a2b518.jpg

They look good on an NA. Talk about a PITA to clean though...

Ah yes... that would definitely make things easier.

I need to get one of those for the BBS' on the BMW.

Hmm... can't say that I would get them, but I'm anxious to see them on your car.

Back