In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.0t03speed's 95 Miata build thread

2013 Abarth, 2004 MSM - FM, '74 BMW Bavaria, 97 Civic EX B18C1

with 15x8's you may as well go with a tire size that's a little more... usable...
    MOCO ~ Mazda Owner's Corral Operations

"I always say, the best Lamborghini is the Audi R8. "

My Fiat 500 Abarth
    My Mazdaspeed Miata Build Thread
    My '74 BMW Thread
    In Ohio? Check us out!
    My Travel Blog - The Chronicles of Phen

Purple Drank Tuning 2.0t03speed's Avatar

08.5 CWP Speed 3

grid v's have a +0 offset so thats about as usable as im going to get. nb's can fit a 205 sadly na's can't.

Please take no offense to this statement... But I didn't realize that you were going to do what everyone else does.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

08.5 CWP Speed 3

no offense taken, but if i was going to be like everyone else id have a 45 series tire a gv lip and be scraping my frame rails everywhere i went. id probably also have racelands lol. I'm not tracking this car at the most ill take some on ramps at a moderate speed. The miata is slow and its always going to be i have no plans to track it or make it any faster then it currently is. All i really want to do to it is lower it a bit more put a decent set of wheels on it and do up the interior. i'm not going to mod the miata the way i did my msp.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Gotcha. Perhaps I'm just used to my MSM and it requiring the widest, stickiest tires I can fit so that it doesn't kill me.

08.5 CWP Speed 3

lol yea theres a difference between a crappy running big enchilada msm making 180whp and my super slow maybe 125whp miata lol. to give you an idea of how slow my miata is last week it was raining and i was like lets see if i can break loose the tires in 1st. i stomped 1st from a slow roll and nada the car lust accelerated......slowly lol. my msp on the other hand i stomped it in 2nd and the wheels broke loose and my car revved up so fast i thought i popped out of 2nd gear and was in neutral lol. Also i was in a msm a few weeks ago with just a fm intake and it was really quick had nice torque and pulled great. i can only imagine what yours will be like with a extra 50whp after your figure out your issue.

Well... you're also comparing apples to oranges with FWD and RWD in the rain. Weight transfer in the FWD when accelerating makes it easier to break them loose. With my old tires, in 30 degree F weather, I could break them loose in 2nd when boost built up... Heh. That was mainly due to the tires being rock hard in the cold though.

08.5 CWP Speed 3

thats true i was really just trying to make the point that my miata is super slow lol.

Haha, it's all good. Doesn't make it any less fun though!

08.5 CWP Speed 3

well its been over a month since i've updated this thread and i figure its time now that i've bought some stuff for it. Ordered me some revlimiter (nutz version) gauge faces and sharka's vent rings. for those of you who dont know what they look like here they are.

and here are the vent rings.

08.5 CWP Speed 3

oh and i've also remove the flush mounts and have the stock pop up's back in i just need to get a new center console switch because the headlights are stuck in the up position.

So how about my dumbass just realized that you bought Jay's car. I drove that thing right after he got it. Solid car!

08.5 CWP Speed 3

haha yea man. Car's good just has a few heat sheild rattles under the car that i need to fix and i have to change out the front main seal to stop my oil leak. Other then that its solid. Going to swap to synthetic here soon to hopefully fix the lifter tick i get sometimes when its cold.

08.5 CWP Speed 3

also i think ive changed direction as far as wheels go with the car. i think i'm going to pick up a set of enkei 92's in 15x8 +25 it will give me more of a usable offset vs the +0 on the grid v's.

here they are in gold (i would get the silver version for my miata)

I approve of your change of heart.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast