2.0t03speed's 95 Miata build thread

2.0t03speed

:
08.5 CWP Speed 3
well I picked up a miata last week from a friend of mine. Its a black 95 w/ 132k on it I picked it up for 1500 bucks. It had some mods done to it already and I've already put a nardi wheel on it and ordered a garage star license plate bracket. Here are some current shots. And yes I do plan on replacing the flush mounts with popups. I waiting on a part to come in.
46a06262-0af5-a1aa.jpg

46a06262-0b13-961c.jpg

46a06262-0b25-286f.jpg

Last edited:
well I fixed my horn issue today turns out my car didn't have a horn...... Grabbed a new horn from AutoZone and wired it up. Bam working horn.

yea man it was the kind of offer I couldn't pass up. I'm looking forward to building up the miata. I think I'm going to leave the performance of the miata till the end as I'm undecided as what I want to do in that area.

well today I installed my stock pop up headlights and my garage star license plate bracket. Car looks so much better now.

46a06262-b81a-f0e8.jpg

Last edited:
Subbed for future miata sexiness.

(On a side note... what's UP!!!? I haven't talked to you in like 4 years dude. I remember we installed an exhaust on my 3 at your grandmas house in Norfolk a wayyy long time ago lmfao)

i know fool speaking of that s*** you never did come pick up your stock one!!! lol. How the 3 been treating you? looks like you have a msm now too?

I thought about that as soon as I replied hahaha. My bad!

The 3 is good. I just got out of the Army and my wife DD's it now. I put too much money into it and it's still slow. Oh well, you live you learn.

My MSM is now my go-fast toy. I put a little over $1K in it so far and it's close to 190 RWHP I'm guessing.

I'm glad you replaced the headlights on your miata, that s*** was hideous lol.

Good stuff man. I'm definitely interested in seeing the fun you have with it.

I thought about that as soon as I replied hahaha. My bad!

The 3 is good. I just got out of the Army and my wife DD's it now. I put too much money into it and it's still slow. Oh well, you live you learn.

My MSM is now my go-fast toy. I put a little over $1K in it so far and it's close to 190 RWHP I'm guessing.

I'm glad you replaced the headlights on your miata, that s*** was hideous lol.

lol agreed but hey for 1500 bucks i can deal with the ugly ass headlights lol. if i hadn't gotten this from a friend of mine i would of paid 3k easy.

i think the next thing i do to it is probably going to be suspension and wheels.

want to go for a look like this with 15x8 grid v's w/ a 195/50 tire. Not super slammed to the point where im constantly scraping frame rails but it still looks good.

IMG_2668ps.jpg

IMG_2670ps.jpg

IMG_2684ps.jpg

with 15x8's you may as well go with a tire size that's a little more... usable...

Please take no offense to this statement... But I didn't realize that you were going to do what everyone else does.

no offense taken, but if i was going to be like everyone else id have a 45 series tire a gv lip and be scraping my frame rails everywhere i went. id probably also have racelands lol. I'm not tracking this car at the most ill take some on ramps at a moderate speed. The miata is slow and its always going to be i have no plans to track it or make it any faster then it currently is. All i really want to do to it is lower it a bit more put a decent set of wheels on it and do up the interior. i'm not going to mod the miata the way i did my msp.

Gotcha. Perhaps I'm just used to my MSM and it requiring the widest, stickiest tires I can fit so that it doesn't kill me.

Back