contemplating a swap

been running a tape measure over the P5 and a speed3. the numbers aren't out to lunch.

anybody tried to do a k frame/engine/trans swap yet?

I think a written off rear ended 3 would be a good donor......

319067_10150285680326156_705566155_8492222_2117229908_n.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't seen a swap that I would consider "economical" either based on labour,hp returns or dollars and sense, in this forum yet....why should I be any different?

Doing an ms3 swap is def different and id say worth the power easily. But your looking at a lot of fabrication from motor mounts axles wire harness etc. It'd be equal to an rb26dett swap in a 240sx a lot of time consuming work but worth it in the end. But hell if you do it you'll have like 240ish at the wheels and a motor with a lot of aftermarket support. I'm assuming you plan on using a stand alone?

It would definitely be something different, not quite as awesome as the mazda2 i saw with a ms3 engine hacked into it. but it would still haul ass. if you can find a written off ms3 go for it :)

Go too www.3geez.com (the Accord forum I'm on) and find the H-series swap. I'd imagine it would be about that level of work.

EVERYTHING will be custom. I wouldn't be surprised if it cost triple what a KL swap does, take 5 times as long, and wind up with similar results. If you're gonna go that far, you might as well do an MS6 swap and get the AWD goodness :) That 3geez site can give you an idea on that too. There was a guy converted his Accord to RWD. Took him 2 years I think.

Moral of the story - anything is possible with enough time, money, and know-how. Just look at that rotary P5. May just be a shell, but hey. If you're really up for it then power to you man. I'll lend what little help I can whenever I'm down that way :D

Back