Replacing Radiator Grill

FasterP5

:
2003.5 P5
2003 P5 ...

.. in order to replace the radiator grill, the FSM states that the front bumper must be removed

Is this true ?

... or can it be replaced without removing the front bumper ?

Huhh, do you mean the bumper grill?

On the front of a P5 there are two grilles ... the upper one (closest to the hood) is called the Radiator Grille (according to the FSM and the Mazda Parts Fiche) ... this is the one I am asking about.

... not sure, but I think the lower one is called the bumper grill ... and I think it can be replaced without removing the bumper ...

Yes I have removed the grill without removing the bumper, but only becuz the tabs weren't pushed in. I had to remove the bumper in order to get the grille into the tabs

Its very possible, just be extremely careful when doing so. If you just yank it out, you will end up with a couple broken pieces, but nothing too serious. Just take your time and look closely at what your are doing.

Its very possible, just be extremely careful when doing so. If you just yank it out, you will end up with a couple broken pieces, but nothing too serious. Just take your time and look closely at what your are doing.

Cool ... thanks man ....

I need to remove the bottom grill to straighten the fins on the AC condenser. Has anyone removed it without removing the bumper and can chime in? Thanks.

Back