$2500 seem fair for my MP3?

so does it run alright outside of needing the cat? and is it the cat in the exhaust mani or the downstream one?

i am very interested in it if it does run ok

Yah it runs great. I literally drive it 80 miles almost every day except when I take one of the Mustangs to work on occasion. I'd feel fine driving it across the country on a road trip without any worries.

I changed the oil tonight and rotated the tires front to back. The front tires both had inside wear on them. They had zero play top to bottom or left to right so I'm sure the wheel bearings and tie rod ends are fine. The air pressure was fine too. So it has to be alignment or lack of rotation causing the wear. I took it for a test drive and it feels GREAT.

I think it's the front exhaust manifold cat. I can pull the codes again and see which one they're referencing.

I'm going to add this info and a couple of other items to the other site in a moment.

awesome, and it would definitely be a plus if it was the one in the exhaust mani cause i actually have an extra one of those laying around lol.

Well if you don't buy the car let me know what you'd want for the cat. The next owner may be interested.

If its throwing a code for it its the one on the exhaust mani. The main cat doesn't have a sensor to tell if its working properly or not. That is a hell of a deal though even with that many miles

It's the catalyst below efficiency code. I was clearing it and it would take about a week to come back but now it comes back fairly immediately.

Ya mines bad too but I just did the non fouler to get rid of the cel. If the state your in doesn't have the strict emissions you can get away with it. I think a few people have did the obx header which deletes the precat all together and still passed sniffer tests because the main cat.

My county doesn't have any emissions check so I haven't bothered with it.

That header is cheap. I never knew it existed.

They only do OBD testing in MO now, so if I had something to keep the MIL from coming on that would be perfect.

I washed the car and I took some photos tonight. Will upload to the original ad shortly if my phone cooperates.

Depends on where you take it to get it inspected mine passed with bad o2 sensor precat tires and rear struts and brakes. And the cel was on.

2500 is too cheap 3500 at minimum these are rare cars and not seen often thats worth something i think. My salvaged mp3 sold for just about that amount at auction.

Back