is it possible to change the dash illumination...

SurlySays

:
2011 Mazda2 Touring
is it possible to change all the illumination that comes on when you turn your lights on from the booring orange/amber to Green?

I cant answer this, but wish it was brighter, esspecialy at night when it fades very low, when lights are on!

they'res a dial/knob on the gauges where u can set the brightness, i just dont like the burnt orange, i have the spirited green one, and i would like it better if the gauges and interior illumination would like up green instead...

If the gauge cluster is similar in design to the one in the 3, then yes, it's possible...you just have to be very good at soldering surface-mount LEDs with a microscope.

Oh crap, they are LED's? I changed the green lighting in my Miata to red (ha!) and it was just bulbs + scrape off the green coating on the gauges. Glad I like the red in the 2!!

Soldering the tiny LEDs aren't too bad, I did it on my bike cluster. Just get some good tweezers to hold them in place and do em quick, don't heat them up too much! I got my kit on ebay (specifically for the bike) for around $50. You may be able to get the LEDs in bulk elsewhere for cheaper.

oh man... that sounds like WAY too much work... and you actually LIKE the Orange/Red dash lighting... i just dont think it suits the green one!!!

oh man... that sounds like WAY too much work... and you actually LIKE the Orange/Red dash lighting... i just dont think it suits the green one!!!
Neither does the red seat piping! lol that's part of why I got black :)

Neither does the red seat piping! lol that's part of why I got black :)

But the red seat piping does go great with the black, especially when you have red fog lights, red mazda logo, and black with red stripped wheels.

they'res a dial/knob on the gauges where u can set the brightness, i just dont like the burnt orange, i have the spirited green one, and i would like it better if the gauges and interior illumination would like up green instead...

Surly you and I have pretty much the same taste...I too wish I could change mine....The radio I up graded too I can change the color..Looks Awesome in Green...:)

we could always buy "stage lighting gels" in a green color and cut it to the shape of the gauge plexi glass. LOL

Last edited:
we could always buy "stage lighting gels" in a green color and cut it to the shape of the gauge plexi glass. LOL

If you stick a green gel on top of the red/orange gauge lighting, you'll end up with brown. You'd need to switch out all the gauge LEDs to white ones -- and if you're going to go to that trouble, might as well just skip the gel and solder in the LEDs you really want.

i would, if i was mechanical or electronical @ all... i usually break stuff!!! well that just sucks!

Back