Just installed stubby antenna.

markuszoom5

:
Mazda 5 Sport
Just got the CorkSport stubby antenna and put it on. It's short and ugly but at least I wont be hitting my garage door anymore. LOL. The old one was covering up the signal for my Onyx Sat radio so I only had 3 bars, now I have 4. Strange what a difference it makes. The regular radio reception is also better which was surprising. I wonder what they put in this antenna. I hope it does not discolor and become crappy, when I wash my car.

A pic it is.

Pics or it doesn't exist.

This is the only one I had. I did not think to take more because I have to wash the car. The front and sides are dirty.

Attachments

• 0903011534.jpg
    0903011534.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 609
Looks good, from what I can see.

I see you have factory Sirius as well. Mine cuts out occasionally. It really irks me. I've never had a factory satellite system cut out unless I was in a tunnel or next to a cliff or something. I always wonder if the Sirius antenna being under the radio antenna is part of the problem. If you install a satellite antenna, the instructions will say to mount it as far away from body panel edges as possible. Obviously they mounted these right next to the hatch. I wonder if that is the problem also. Who knows.

so you actually get better reception with the stubby antenna?

Stupid me. I just noticed from your comment that Markus specifically said he gets better reception, which makes my comments useless at best. So, it's not factory Sirius I see now. I wonder if my antenna would get better reception as well.

Please keep us updated on your reception. I may actually mod my 5. Crazy.

I get better reception now.

Stupid me. I just noticed from your comment that Markus specifically said he gets better reception, which makes my comments useless at best. So, it's not factory Sirius I see now. I wonder if my antenna would get better reception as well.

Please keep us updated on your reception. I may actually mod my 5. Crazy.

It is not factory sirius it's an onyx and I used to get 3 bars now I get 4 bars perfect reception. It still cuts out under concrete but not under clouds or my garage roof.

So what's up with "Ebay" stuff? Is it a knockoff that someone with Asian manufacturing connections runs a million copies of and dumps on Ebay? I actually know an industrial designer who's always told me he can get quotes for making a million copies of a good idea. I figured this is what is going on with Ebay, except without the ingenuity.

I paid $25 incl taxes for a Dodge Journey antenna. The reception is about the same.

Oh, I know, I wasn't expecting it to stay the same, bought it for the looks and price and it's not bad enough that I even notice it. When I bought I tested it on a road trip and as I'm leaving the city, stations cut out sooner... but for road trips 99% of the time, I'm not using the radio... within and close to the city, reception is the same.

I got mine from CorkSport and not from eBay. I don't trust eBay knock-offs. Unless, it's genuine Mazda or from pages like CorkSport, I won't do it.

I know, you mentioned it in your op, just posted to let anyone thinking of doing this that the ebay versions work, just not as well as OE or other name brand replacements.

just an FYI an Acura RDX antenna will fit perfect and look tons better. the color of the plastic is spot on to ours as well.

Last edited:
Back