WTB Protege5 engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

imteejay

:
2002 silver protege5
Found out my p5 engine has 0 compression in cylinder #1

Its a manual transmission. So i need to find an engine for it asap or i will soon be parting it out.

Any 2.0 FS-DE will work- Protege models= ES, P5 and MSP plus some probe motors. Have you removed the head to find out if it is just a head gasket?

Rob

I have not yet removed the head. I had it at a shop to check compression. They said they stopped after cylinder 1 read 0 psi. This monday i am going to try to pull the head and see if it is valve, seal, gasket, or block related.

i have found an 01 protege engine. But would i have to swap out intake manifolds? I have read that the manifolds are different bc of the secondaries/butterflies. Can i use my old one? Or can I keep the 01 manifold and it would be ok?

also, is there any difference in the motor from an auto to manual? a friend works at a salvage yard and he looked it up. in the databases, the computer said the different transmissions require different blocks...

Engines, intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds are all the same. Your transmission will bolt up with no issues to any of the FS engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back