Roof Rail

mrplow2720

:
2008 Mazda 3
I searched through the forums and couldn't seem to find anything about this... I'm about to buy a 2008 CX-7 grand touring and it has the roof rail installed from the factory. Is there any way to remove this, and if so, are there additional parts needed to fill in any holes this may leave?

Thanks!

Well, since you can install it, I guess you can remove it as well. I bought mine on Ebay and installed them myself - all I needed was a torx bit. There is one screw in each of the legs, and the plastic covers are easily removed. One thing you should be careful with when removing is not damaging the pattern on a screw - since it has threadlocker compound on the screws (at least mine had, and those were OEM), they might be a little hard to start moving. You will have four openings left, and there are plastic covers you can use to cover them. You can probably get those from a dealer. If you can't find them - let me know, I might have mine somewhere around. Thought I don't really see a good reason why one would want to get the rails off - they are quite useful.

P.S. I do assume you are talking about crossbars - I'm pretty sure there were no OEM rails (along the roof, CX-9 style) for a CX-7.

Last edited:
Back