P0301 Code after clearing P0300 code, BAD idle

imteejay

:
2002 silver protege5
Hello, while driving on the highway, I experienced a sudden loss of power in my 02 P5. The check engine light started blinking. I got the car to the closest exit and left it sit there for the rest of the day. Later, I returned and read the CEL codes and got the P0300 code (random cylinder misfire code). I cleared the code and started my car. Within 30 seconds, the CEL light was flashing again. This time it was the P0301 code (C#1 misfire).
I changed the 1/4 coil pack, both spark wires, and put 4 new plugs in gapped to .044". I restarted the car and the same problem happened again.
Anyone have any ideas? I am going to return tonight and try to swap c1 injector and c2 injector and see if the problem moves to c2. if not, i guess the next step would be to complete a compression test to see if there is any compression issues in c1.
Any ideas or hints would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My CEL is on saying misfire in cylinder 3. I swapped all coil packs, all plugs and put NGK wires on. Still have the light on. I read a different thread on here and one dude said that cleaning the in tank fuel "filter sock" fixed the problem. After you swap the injectors let me kno if you find anything as I will have to try it on mine in that case.

Back