Pablo's 2004 MSM Build

I wonder if there is a way to find out which scrap yard it's going to so you can track and it and strip it? That would suuuuck to have all those nice pieces crushed. But I guess it would be a diamond in the rough to someone looking for Miata parts at a junkyard...

So the actual reason why I can't buy it back is because the market value they gave it is less than the loan, so my gap insurance covers the rest. If I want, they'll tell me where it would go to auction so it would be up to me to follow up on that. I can take off whatever parts I want, then I'll have to let them know and they'll modify the market value accordingly. The gave it a value of $8,600 which most likely includes some mods, but they wouldn't tell me which ones.

Take off every mod, accept the reduced market value and sell the mods for more money. It's a PITA but you'll always make more money pulling and selling the aftermarket parts. I still kick myself for not doing a part out on my old P5.

Started taking her apart, noticed the damage to the front is more than just the fender. Couple of parts have been sold, waiting to hear back on more.

Are you going to post a list of things for sale?

I'd be interested in the frog arms...

So what did the insurance company say about the buyback thing? Are they not letting you?

I can't buy it back because gap insurance comes into play, so te bank won't let me. They'll tell me where it would go to auction, so it would be up to me to follow up in that.

Took off everything I could, but a few things remained: downpipe, seats, intake and IC. All the electronics came off except for the radio and speakers.

Had to leave her in the curb so the insurance could pick her up sometime today. The more I worked on her, the more bent things I saw in the front, and when I was putting bolts back things weren't aligned properly.

Back