Pablo's 2004 MSM Build

You just jynxed Pablo, Phen. You said "easy" twice in that post. Haha

I keed, I keed. Everything is a learning experience and good knowledge for future reference. :)

So much for a quiet, comfortable car...

But yeah, enthusas are nice pieces. Good price, great customer support. That one is just rather loud. Not quite as loud as mine, but still loud.

it may not end up being quiet, but it'll still be comfortable, at least for a while, depends how long it takes me to get used to it and push it

really looking forward to that exhaust though : sigh :

I sold the enkeis and a couple other things, and was planning to get the roll bar and track the car but I need to control my spending ( I usually get carried away...) so no track time this year. I'll do a few minor things and try to get some autox time instead, I need to get a better sense of when the car will over or understeer (got some understeer today and wasn't expecting it) and control it with the throttle before I take it to the track, especially Nelsons.

Ordered the BEGI TBI and will get some lights and switches next week

so, since I failed to listen to The Phen regarding the speakers and took Crutchfields advice, I wasn't able to install the speakers I got. Good thing Evan wanted them, but after installing my old Alpine head unit the sound is pretty good... and quite loud. I'm satisfied with the results so I won't be in a hurry to "upgrade" the speakers. We also flushed the clutch fluid so both my reservoirs look clear now, and we failed to do the timing belt since I don't have the tool to get the crank bolt off. I'll be ordering the tools from FM and attempt to change the belt in a couple of weeks after Mid Ohio. Wes should take a picture of the inside once the boost gauge is in, I'd like to get a similar shot of the one he got for the 3 (last picture)

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

34820_479053013200_578368200_5740765_7090173_n.jpg

I'll get a pic of that next time when it's dark. I can't believe Crutchfield was wrong about the speaker size. I've always been nothing but impressed by their service and everything.

when I did a general search they showed me different products, but when I started the search filtering by car (after I saw the speakers wouldn't fit), THEN there was a message that said "we haven't fully researched this car" but still show you some products

Yeah, Crutchfield is a little weird like that. They will say a lot of different speaker sizes will fit, then send you a mounting bracket so they will fit. But thanks again for the new speakers and mini-amp, Peaches. heh-heh

I got the boost gauge back today, works just fine. I love how it looks, especially at night. Unfortunately I can't take a good pic with my phone

IMAG0241.jpg

alright, well this is the perfect time of year! cool nights and no snow/clean roads = turbo love!

I want to know if that Forge pings the same as the one I have on the Speed6.

And I have to say this somewhere so might as well be here (sorry Pablo). With so many people buying red MSMs, it makes me glad I followed the road less traveled and bought my car. Otherwise I'd just be part of the crowd! Now to get my new 'charger setup installed so I can rival the power you guys have...

right now it's just as quiet as stock, I've been told it has a chirp between BOV and bypass. I'm waiting on the TBI from BEGI, but the biggest difference should be with the CAI. I'll take some video once I have the complete setup.

Back