Pablo's 2004 MSM Build

Phen mentioned something about having to rip out all the Bose wiring in his MSM. Do you have to do that as well, Peaches?

I never really cared for Bose anyway. They always sound very thin and high mids to me.

Wanna buy some really nice Alpine 5x7's? ;)

The big problem is that the Bose speakers are 0.5 ohm. There are a few (very few) companies that make a direct replacement, but they are expensive.

the sounds is alright, but I'm not a huge fan. Those clearwater speakers are ridiculous, I'm not paying $300 for speakers alone...

Yeah I've read that all the BOSE wiring needs to come off, shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah, it's a small car. Pretty easy to get to everything too. I've heard that the Bose amp is somewhat tricky to get out, but you can always leave it in there and just disconnect it.

The Bose system was an option on some of the 626's, also, and there are hundreds of posts about either fixing the problems with it, or replacing it, lol.

What's the advantage/point to a .5ohm system? I need to spend some time and understand the electrics better.

The Bose system was an option on some of the 626's, also, and there are hundreds of posts about either fixing the problems with it, or replacing it, lol.

What's the advantage/point to a .5ohm system? I need to spend some time and understand the electrics better.

I would say the biggest advantage would be power consumption (needs less), I've heard the have a very complex speaker structure which combined with that low resistance produces a better sound and allows the speakers to be smaller. Maybe it's true for home systems, but for the cars not so much.

I would say the biggest advantage would be power consumption (needs less), I've heard the have a very complex speaker structure which combined with that low resistance produces a better sound and allows the speakers to be smaller. Maybe it's true for home systems, but for the cars not so much.

Oh, I could see that I guess. I'm amazed at the size of the speakers my grandparents have for their home theater, maybe 3" cube, and it puts out an incredible amount of sound for the size.

oh, come'on, most of the time i don't even have the stereo on! i just listen to the engine and that sweet sound of turbo spooling up! mmmmmhhmmm!

oh, come'on, most of the time i don't even have the stereo on! i just listen to the engine and that sweet sound of turbo spooling up! mmmmmhhmmm!

i'm mostly deaf, i can't hear s***. I can hear Phen's turbo spooling, but not mine (already know what exhaust combo I want...)

yeah, the intake I'm not so sure yet. BEGIs doesn't need the O2 signal modifier and pulls cooler air, but I'd also like a VTA valve, or a hybrid. I know the bypass valve will decrease lag but I like the sound of the VTA... FMs new BOV is recirc only just like BEGIs

whoa, that is pretty much the most perfect sound ever!!!

...and did he say 96 for the whp from the dyno video...i can believe it...silly slow miata's....lol

I'd set my mind on the Enthuza when I turbo an NA someday. I like the Greddy Type RS, bov personally. But I'd just not have anything, and surge like this Supra.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P4Xdmk7qsGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

see pumpkin? they come with wiring

IMAG0236.jpg

Is that wiring going to magically worm its way through your car? Or is lady hands going to have to do it himself? tee-hee. Just busting your balls. I'm looking forward to wrenching. Then we will be pros and can help Phen when he does his stereo and timing belt.

But then we're even for the KL swap, turkey. (kiss)

I can route my own wiring, but I do need the lady hands for the belt, otherwise the radiator needs to come off (boom02)

this is the sound I want... droooooooooooooooooooooooool

FM intake (with a VTA valve), FM downpipe, enthuza mid pipe and enthuza XR exhaust (supposed to be really loud)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdFPCL7dKVg&feature=feedlik

http://www.youtube.com/user/LaurabethSawyer#p/a/u/2/P1PGFPcNO0Y

So much for a quiet, comfortable car...

But yeah, enthusas are nice pieces. Good price, great customer support. That one is just rather loud. Not quite as loud as mine, but still loud.

Is that wiring going to magically worm its way through your car? Or is lady hands going to have to do it himself? tee-hee. Just busting your balls. I'm looking forward to wrenching. Then we will be pros and can help Phen when he does his stereo and timing belt.

But then we're even for the KL swap, turkey. (kiss)

Wouldn't be the first time I've done a stereo on this car... But thankfully what I'm going to do is cake. I'm just running another head unit the way that I had the AVIC set up.

Timing belts on these are easy. For one, the engine sits the correct way, so it's easy to get to.

Back