Pablo's 2004 MSM Build

nice! like the delete! hey, i'd be a little concerned about the cable going thru the door jamb into the door...how is that not going to get crushed ea time you close the door?

I like it too, now I have to do something about that intercooler...

the door itself doesn't touch the wire, only the rubber weatherstrip so it's not that bad.

I like it too, now I have to do something about that intercooler...

the door itself doesn't touch the wire, only the rubber weatherstrip so it's not that bad.

ok, cool...i'm going to be getting this one next month. if you want my old one it's yours
$%28KGrHqN,%21lkE+svDe%2973BP7nSSS1FQ%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Last edited:
Pablo, I recommend a grommet on those holes. It will chew thru the insulation. AMHIK

^ Good call on the grommet!

Looks nice Pablo, you're going to have to demo it for me sometime. Audio is the lowest possible thing on the list for my Miata but I'm always looking for things to add to said list. :)

no, it's an ebay special i bought off a forum member. i painted it black but i have to do it every year...i like black. if you want you can just turn it around and have the aluminium side showing

Aren't you killing the effectiveness of the IC by painting it? Let alone re-painting it every year?

there is some debate about having it painted/anodized/powder coated or leaving it as is. i can tell you from a non technical exp there is no diff...and the reason i have to paint it is the paint chips of very easily, which leaves it a natural al color again. i like the stealth look so i guess if there is diff of some measurable value i'll live with it.
from bell intercooler co
Can an intercooler be painted?
Certainly. One might find a small loss of efficiency if the core is painted, but likely this would be less of a difference than the repeatability of measurement. By all means, paint the end tanks, but preference suggests the core remain exposed.

Heh, from a technical background: powerdcoat -> painting -> anodizing -> bare/plain -> etched, in terms of performance. The difference may be too small for most people to care or in some cases really measure (like Bell states). I care just on principle. :)

Heh, from a technical background: powerdcoat -> painting -> anodizing -> bare/plain -> etched, in terms of performance. The difference may be too small for most people to care or in some cases really measure (like Bell states). I care just on principle. :)
thats fine, principles are important! ;)

Found the Mishimoto article, they showed differences being insignificant. I won't bother painting it, don't really care what color it is.

Back