O/D flickering on/off

:
2002 Mazda Protoge5
When i don't drive my car for a few hours and i reverse out of the driveway or whatever and switch it into drive it'll pause for a minute, drop from about 2100 rpms to 800 rpms then the overdrive light will flash on and off and I won't be able to accelerate, when the O/D light isn't flashing i still have that problem of the car not wanting to accelerate when i press on the gas. i took it to the dealer and they kept it over night and said when they started it up in the morning that it was fine and nothing happened. real convient how it happens that way when you take it to the dealer... (hand) anyone know what the deal is?

i had a similar problem in my black p5... it was the overspeed sensor in the tranny. got it replaced and its been fine ever since

My O/D shuts off if Im under 40pmh....over that speed runs great..Is this tranny problem or speedsensor?

"input shaft speed sensor" mine did the same thing. it's like a $110+ part and takes 5 min to install. looking at the tranny from the top, its right there plane as day.

Mine did the same when I first bought the car but wouldn't go over 40mph. The dealer couldn't figure out the problem so they replaced the transmission.

Back