Speedline LED mirrors - anyone installed on a 2010?

BPboiler3

:
'10 CWP Mazda5
I ordered some LED mirrors from speedline and was wondering if anyone has installed these on an 2010?

Wondering where to tap into the signals, the 2006-09 models are easy with the existing fender side markers but they removed them for the 2010, wondering if I am going to have to run wires up to the headlights to tap into the signal wires up there or if there is an easier location

I'm sure that somewhere at the PJB there are wires you could tap for them, but I don't have a clue which ones they'd be. Alternately you could just pop a wire through the firewall and tap off the front signals, or run a wire to the fender side markers and tap the power there (do they still have the fender side markers on the '10?). If any models came with mirror mounted signals then it's possible there's already wiring for them in the door harness..... I know some of the 3's have that wiring there.

For the heated glass you need to remove the housing from the car, run power/ground wires from the mirror glass through the articulating joint of the housing and pop them out next to where the white plug between the housing and car wiring is. Use a couple of wire taps (20ga ones should be fine) and tap the power/ground for the heaters in the door's harness. You may need to remove the inner door panel in order to get enough access to the wires as there's only a short amount visible above the door panel and it can be difficult to work with.

I've done the heated mirror mod on four cars (three Mz3's and my father's Mz5) and it's super simple to do. I can finish one side up in about 20 minutes.

IDK how to help you, but I looked around and saw this:

http://tinyurl.com/43rcka7

and decided I'm going to follow your progress 'til the end. Hopefully I'll grow a big enough pair to try it because those are freakin' sick! Good luck!

*EDIT* I just saw that they don't make the kind I linked to for the 5, but the kind you're getting are still very cool. I want to do that also. I can't wait for you to finish it up and show us some pics.

Last edited:
thanks spots....I have them installed but without the wiring done at this point....ive gone through all of the walkthroughs I can find (mzd3, 2010 mzd3, mzd6...) but the 2010 mazda5 has the following unique issues..

-the '10 model got rid of the fender signals...so out of luck there
-the space where the pin for the power wire is empty (unlike the 2010 mz3's) :(
-the passage for the wires from the door to the mirror is crazy different than the mazda3's so the foam/routing is odd and the white connector that holds the wiring at the interface between the mirror/door doesnt come out like on the 3 so getting enough space between the mirror housing and the door mount proved to be a challenge

this will be a project when I have a few days I can play with and get my hands on a good schematic so I dont have to route into the engine bay...with my schedule it might be awhile but Ill def be updating when I get them working...it bugs the crap out of me that they are installed but not wired :(

but on the plus fitment is better than I expected...paint quality from speedline was pretty much a spot on match..Ill try and upload a pic this week

@BPboiler3 ..U can try tapping off the Flasher relay...Locate it by turn on ur Hazard lights and look/feel for the relay that's clicking and then from there, turn off ur hazards and then turn ur ignition on and then turn either one of ur turn signals on and probe with a multimeter the wires in the harness for the wire that pulses 12volt on and off with the turn signal. hope that helps in some way or another..

^^^ Is that a pregnant chick in a bikini or just a run-of-the-mill muffin top in your avatar?

Latest posts

Back