limp mode

tcapp

:
2004 mazda 6 wagon
2004 mazda 6s wagon. I have now had the same thing happen four times. While driving at hwy speed and on a side street, warning lights for the AT Traction control and check engine light come on, car loses power and becomes unresponsive slowing down to about 15 - 20 mph. Pull over shut it down and upon restart it runs fine with only the cel on. After a few starts the cel goes off by itself. Pulled codes and I get a PO2110 which is showing speed limited. After some research on the different forums I was wondering if this could be caused by a dirty throttle body or a defective throttle body. I don't feel safe right now and could use a little help.

Thanks

I second that! I just had the same thing happen last night to my 04 Mazda6 GT auto transmission. Exact same thing. I have searched on here and on another mazda six forum and still can't find anything. Any help from anyone would be fantastic!

Last edited:
Update: I took my car to Mazda. They replaced the Camshaft Position sensors. They said that was the problem. So far it hasn't happened again. I'll let you know if it happens again. Here's hoping that was the only problem. :)

Yeah, new TB's aren't cheap. Why not pull yours off the car and clean it, can't hurt.

Back