Blower motor stopped working

My air con blower would work when it wanted too so I replaced it with a new one that I purchased from Amazon now it's not blowing I can't feel cold air when I put my hand up to the vents. Plz help me
Sorry I can feel cold air but it's not blowing.

Although I normally just ignore necromancy like this, I decided to read this one just for the heck of it. 21 posts over 8+ years and not a single mention of testing the blower motor, either by applying power directly, or by jumping the relay. Really sad but unfortunately not surprising either.

Unfortunate that blower motors are such a PIA to replace as well. They are somewhat important, and if they make noise it's often just a simple swap to fix.

Too bad they can't put some kind of access panel to make it easier.

Unfortunate that blower motors are such a PIA to replace as well. They are somewhat important, and if they make noise it's often just a simple swap to fix.

Too bad they can't put some kind of access panel to make it easier.
So the blower motor on your CX-5 is tucked away in a bad spot? The motor on my 2020 and also the 2019 appear to be super easy to access, so I guess Mazda must have done a major change on the later year models.

And I do agree completely that some of the other Mazda model blower motors are very poorly located AFA maintenance goes. My daughter's 2011 3i blower motor was an absolute nightmare to get to, and if I didn't find a trick workaround to the FSM, I'd probably still be out there working on it today. But I guess every model of every make has a few things that causes the guy doing the work to wish he could just light up the vehicle and walk away.

So the blower motor on your CX-5 is tucked away in a bad spot? The motor on my 2020 and also the 2019 appear to be super easy to access, so I guess Mazda must have done a major change on the later year models.

And I do agree completely that some of the other Mazda model blower motors are very poorly located AFA maintenance goes. My daughter's 2011 3i blower motor was an absolute nightmare to get to, and if I didn't find a trick workaround to the FSM, I'd probably still be out there working on it today. But I guess every model of every make has a few things that causes the guy doing the work to wish he could just light up the vehicle and walk away.
I haven't tried it, maybe it's better than other cars. I figure you have to remove the dash to get to it. Mine is '16 and I hope it is easy in case it ever makes noise.

I noticed the dash defrost vents seem to block pens from dropping down there. I like that.

I haven't tried it ….
On the 2019-20 CX-5, all that's needed is to pop off the panel located directly under the glove box. The blower motor is right out in the open, with nothing to restrict or limit removal or testing access. They literally couldn't have put it in a more friendly place to get to. Don't know if your 2016 is the same, but it wouldn't take you more than a minute to remove that panel and take a look.

My air con blower would work when it wanted to so I replaced it with a new one that I purchased from Amazon. Now it's not blowing, I can't feel cold air when I put my hand up to the vents. Plz help me.
The HVAC blows air, but not cold? That is an A/C problem, or a blend door(s) problem.

Back