Introducing the 2013 Mazda CX-5

We are not likely to see a manual with AWD for a small ute. It would be incredibly fun, but I'm sure the sales would be so dismal they'd probably lose money offering it. I would love to see the diesel here with AWD. Depending on how much more of a premium the engine is plus the price of fuel would make it either very great to have or cost too much.

Ohhh I loved it.
I'm getting collect my money for this and I'll hope they come with a intial range, because my budget is small.

Thanks

Last edited:
Pricing and options released. Starting at 20,695, fully loaded at about 30. It'll most likely the be wifes replacement for the CX-7.

Just need to drive one and make sure its not horribly underpowered like I fear it might be..

All the specs are up on mazdausa.com

Saw this in person at the DC autoshow, in that blue too. Very nice ride and on the future purchase list. Got a pic around here somewhere.

Is this ever going to be released?

It's already released. First CX-5's are already in the process of being delivered to Canada, US, Australia and other markets.
Japan has had them released since December last year.

the Diesel will be a twin turbo. 173hp and 310 lb ft, iirc. if they bring that with a 6 spd and awd that would be awesome. there would really be no need to look elsewhere.

Diesel has already been released in Europe, Japan and Australia.
The specs for the diesel are:
147 bhp (110 kW; 149 PS)/280 lbft (380 Nm)
or 173 bhp (129 kW; 175 PS)/310 lbft (420 Nm)

The US and Canada unfortunately are expected to get diesel in mid 2013.
I'd love to know why!

How common are diesels in the US/Canada now?
If the US/Canada were to get both models, what percentage would be diesel?

My only assumption would be market research has shown a low demand for diesels?

i was wondering, would that car come with manual tranny as well?

Not sure of the technology behind it, but the auto transmission is mated to a set of clutch plates from a manual transmission. Like a mix between a traditional auto and a DSG style dual clutch system. It's designed to emulate acceleration of manual and gain the fuel economy savings a manual would provide. Intend to reduce gear seeking as well.

How common are diesels in the US/Canada now?
If the US/Canada were to get both models, what percentage would be diesel?

My only assumption would be market research has shown a low demand for diesels?

i'd assume a low percentage diesel. low demand here, not entirely sure why, but diesels have a bad reputation.

A diesel with M/T would get me buying one immediately.
I wonder why mazda cant take a hint from the high demand TDi market?

this will be the first diesel offering (in the US) in a very long time (if ever, actually...somebody give me some real data..)

Yes, it is true that diesels are on the rise, and I'm sure thats why Mazda is jumping on board, but the diesel market is still MUCH smaller than the gas market..just look at a random gas station any given day...(although you live in CA, and CA is weird...so maybe there is a market there...)

now I am driving -Mazda MX 5 Miata 2009 -
But it look older than this one.. awesome looking.
I need one but the question is what the price of this gorgeous car?
Is capable for any one?

Thanks........

I had an opportunity to test drive a Skyactive Blue GT AWD with the slushbox today. Very nice inside and was larger than expected. Think more CRV size rather than Juke. Cant wait till the diesel comes to North America, hopefully in the AWD 6MT version.

Back