Introducing the 2013 Mazda CX-5

well depending on the price and warranty options. this may just beat the outlander for my money next year. i have been really sad about trading in my MSP for a damn mitsu. but it's time to be family man.

I just wish they had kept the "bar" style grille from the Minagi instead of going back to the ole honeycomb.

I like it! gonna try to talk the fiance into it

i just say that because i hate the concept of an ute..... if you want a car, buy a car. if you want a truck, get a truck. ugh.

but do we have any info on whether this will be a sky g or sky d motor and whether it will be fwd or awd?

diesel will only be available in Europe :(

i find that very disappointing. there might not be a huge demand for it here but it would deffinately be something that would set this car apart from the crowd.

I really like the idea of it, but I was curious about this too. The Mazda3 hatch is only 430lbs lighter, 6.6 inches shorter (in length), 4.6 inches less wide, and 6.9" shorter (in height) than our 2010 CX-7...

My wife and I have been waiting on this, as we have always felt our CX-7 is too big. However, I cant imagine being willing to start over on payments in order to trade a 2010 CX-7 for a CX-5 if it ends up being only 200lbs lighter and 2 inches shorter in length....

Maybe the 2012 or 2013 CX-7 will get bigger to compete size-wise with the Forester/RAV-4/CRV/etc.?

Maybe the 2012 or 2013 CX-7 will get bigger to compete size-wise with the Forester/RAV-4/CRV/etc.?

These are the size factors that were important to me:

CX-7 cargo= 30/59, front leg= 42, rear leg=36
RAV4 cargo= 36/73, front leg= 42, rear leg=38
CRV cargo= 36/73, front leg= 41, rear leg=39
Forester cargo= 34/68, front leg= 43, rear leg=38

CX-7 is significantly smaller by these measures.

These are the size factors that were important to me:

CX-7 cargo= 30/59, front leg= 42, rear leg=36
RAV4 cargo= 36/73, front leg= 42, rear leg=38
CRV cargo= 36/73, front leg= 41, rear leg=39
Forester cargo= 34/68, front leg= 43, rear leg=38

CX-7 is significantly smaller by these measures.

CX7 has more shoulder and hip room in both front and back compared to all of those except the CRV.

I'd have to pull out a tape measure, but in our search 3 years ago, it seemed to me that those cars all had more posted cargo space because they had a "taller" cargo area, so its technically more, but I don't typically like to block my back window...

Back