2011 CX9 Touring Transmission service

Winstond,

That was a great post...I would be interested in seeing a YouTube on the first method.

Also, for the 2009 GT-CX9, is there still a recall issue w the transmission or something thereof. What is the mileage of timeframe for getting your tranny checked-out?

Thank you,
tstex

My CX-9 has ~100K miles. I went to dealer and asked for ATF on 2010 CX-9 GS AWD. He gives me Mazda genuine ATF M5. What's the difference between this and what is stated on the user manual which is mazda jw3309? I'm doing a drain and fill, so I just want to make sure I'm not mixing things up here. Thanks.

The M5 fluid is not the correct fluid for the CX-9. I cannot tell you what the difference is but I would not use it. I would suggest a trip back to the dealer for an exchange.

Please look in your owners manual. It clearly states JW 3309. You can also use toyota T-IV. The mazda m5 fluid is for the mazda 6 and for the ford fusion. Which is the same as the Ford FNR5 Trans fluid.

yeah I saw that it was Jw-3309 but when I went to the mazda dealer I mentioned twice and even after I received the product, I mentioned it again. I thought M5 was Mazda's part # or name for JW 3309. So now I called them and spoke to another person and voila... he says that it's not the right one!!!!! I already did a drain and fill twice myself over the weekend.... so should I tell them to flush it now? I didn't want to flush but drain and fill due to some I heard that it may not be good to do.

Well.... blood moon last night, fourth appearance in the last 2 years from what I read. We watched it last night and my brother keeps saying it's supposed to signal bad things to happen.

So dealer parts guy was supposed to call me back due to my concern that the wrong fluid was put in. I told him that this is not good... this now has to be flushed now. So I waited for his call and finally decided decided to go directly to the dealer which was only a few miles from my house. On my way out, wife comes back from picking up my kids from school. She was fuming because she was rear-ended and the person took off. She did not get the license plate unfortunately. ok... wrong fluid on car, wife's car rear-ended. I get to the dealer and immediately go to the service department and told the service advisor that parts department gave me the wrong fluid and it's in already. They can't say that I gave them the wrong car model because I also ordered the touch up pen at the same time and he entered my VIN #. They're going to flush my tranny with what he told me is the correct fluid (M6?) He spoke to service director and they will be giving me a free flush with M6 and refund me the entire cost of the M5 fluid I purchased. Wife's car needs new bumper as it's cracked badly at the least. No other visible damage I can see and drives ok. Deciding now if I should call the insurance for a hit a run. Premium is going to definitely go up if I call it in. oh what can you do. (shrug). So I asked the service guy what is M6... he said it's for the AWD CX-9 and I told him the manual says JW-3309. he told me also that there should be no damage as I've only driven the car 50km since I changed it. what do you guys think? Did this mistake cause damage to the tranny?

umn... been searching and I'm beginning to believe that the Mazda M6 mentioned by the Mazda service advisor maybe Mazdas equivalent to Dexron VI. I now recall him also saying that this is a good fluid for the CX-9. I found this pdf file for Dexron VI http://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/267-205A-td.pdf and on page 2 it does lists it to be suitable for Aisin Warner JWS 3309, JWS 3324, T IV. I'll ask him for more info on this M6 if it is Dexron VI.

Geez....after dealing with that dealership, I'd just buy your own fluid and bring it in.

Hi.
I read all this thread about transmission in CX-9.
There is a new material on youtube about changing the fluid without knowing how much is in it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ab00sfmcrg
Is there the right procedure to change the fluid ?
I have a little leakage from transmission in my CX-9, and I would like to change in that way.

What do you think about it ?
Thanks
DD

Does anyone know if the pre-2011 dipstick and tube can be retrofitted to the 2011+ transmission? I'd like to add one to my 2012 CX-9 to keep an eye on the levels, and make servicing easier.

1T34342.jpg

Back