Teh GF's Miata

xDJ DUBx

:
Slammed Thread President
Jessamyn's Roadster
While this isn't my miata and is my girlfriend Jessamyn's, shes not on the computer nearly as much as I am so I'll be taking care of this thread for her. She bought this car after saving for months at her first job, on 2/20/11. It was bought used from a private seller for 2,200 and had 243,970 miles on it. It definitely needed some love in the beginning, but as time goes on, it just keeps getting better and better.

02/20/11

08/06/11

-Mod List-
Exterior:
MazdaFitment.com Teal Sticker, XXR 527 Candy Teal 15x8.25" +0, Muteki SR48 Titanium Chrome Open Ended Lug Nuts, Windshield Wiper Delete, Garage Star License Plate Bracket, Garage Vary Urethane Front Lip, 5% Tint, Robbins Cabriolet Grain Vinyl Non-Zippered Non-Defroster Glass Window Soft Top, Autokonexion V1.5 Fiberglass Trunk, Shaved Front Badge

Interior:
Hard Dog Hard Core Double Diagonal Hard Top M2 Roll Bar, Wink 5 Panel Panoramic Mirror, Sleepy Eye Controller, Drive-By-Whistle, Aftermarket Steering Wheel and Hub

Stereo:
Radio USB Deck, Kenwood Speakers

Performance:
Falken Ziex ZE-912 195/50 Tires, Exedy OEM Replacement Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Stainless Steel Clutch Line, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Raceland NA Full Coilovers, Raceland 4-2-1 Header, Aluminum Radiator, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, VLSD Differential, Engine Rebuilt At 195,XXX

Engine Appearance:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Plans-
In The Mail:
To Be Installed:
Being Bought Very Soon:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Future Mods/Wish List-
Exterior:
Autokonexion Carbon Fiber Finish Panel, Turn Signal Intakes, V-LED Amber 1157 60 M-SMT Front Turn Signals/Parking Lights, OEM Non-Defroster Hardtop, Repaint

Interior:
Voodoo Magnum Teal Shift Knob, Redline Goods Black Leather w/ Red Stripes and Stitching Shift Boot, NGR Short Hub, NRG Gen 2.5 Gunmetal Quick Release, Personal Grinta 330mm Red Stitching Black Leather Steering Wheel

Stereo:

Performance:
Possibly Boost

Engine Appearance:

Last edited:
When she got the car.. it did not have a catback on it so it was loud as all s***, the plastic window was pretty fogged over as well as the top ripped, it had roadster tuner mounts which made the whole damn car rattle, a half mounted autopower rollbar, fake woodgrain s*** on the dash, missing package tray shelf and carpet, a destroyed passenger seat and had a tight bucket seat that was mounted too high on stock rails and would not move back far enough, for me anyway.

When we first got it, it definitely needed work. Since then we've removed that woodgrain s***, added a stock catback exhaust to make things quiet again, replaced the ripped crappy plastic soft top with a clean glass window soft top, replaced the awful roadster tuner mounts with mazdaspeed ones, pulled the autopower bar and sold it then got a hard dog double diagonal, added the missing package tray and bought the carpet for it and removed the bucket seat and torn passenger seat and replaced them with a set of clean stock seats. The car still needs an AC recharge and new shift boots, but damn is it so much more practical for daily driving now, then it was when we first got it.

Oh yeah, and as for the autokonexion lip in the early pics.. yeah, the day she bought it.. her dad drove it home and didn't listen to her warnings of being careful because the car was low. He plowed right through a harsh dip and smashed it into pieces before she even got it home. He never paid for a replacement and I bought her the garage vary myself, yeah im pretty nice :p

Once she gets her wheels on, we'll be sure to actually take some decent pics and not just cell phone pics lol

cheers!

Last edited:
What happened to the wheels in the first pic?

Knew I forgot to post something.. those works were on the car when the seller was selling, but he wanted a grand more for the wheels to be included and we weren't interested so I gave her my stocks.

Its hard to describe without a video, but there is a switch that when you flip it, a speaker under the hood whistles.. like if I hot girl were to walk by, you'd flip the switch, haha. I need to get a video of it, its cool.

Knew I forgot to post something.. those works were on the car when the seller was selling, but he wanted a grand more for the wheels to be included and we weren't interested so I gave her my stocks.

They look sweet, but I wouldn't pay that much for them..

Not nearly as blue in person as they are in the pics, this color is impossible to catch correctly on camera. They shall be installed by the weekend, pics soon.. promise :)

Teaser until all the photoshoot pics get processed ;)

229654_216615218389003_100001215782818_670721_8312963_n.jpg

Alright here you guys go

Under these lights, the wheels turn an extreme blue lol

and miss thang herself :p

She couldn't be happier with the outcome, nor could I. I'm jelly haha..
As for the paint, we actually picked up a better hood and lids yesterday, and will be getting a better bumper today as well.. they're not perfect but at least they'll shine(until we get a paint job) unlike the paint on the front end that came with the car.

cheers!

Back