The Official Mazda2 Wheel Thread

I finally installed my H&R springs. The wheels are Kosei K1 15x7 +25 (as seen on a few other cars). Tires are Yokohama S. Drive 205/50/15.

6588923561_d33099eefe_b.jpg

6588920447_667277c7d6_b.jpg

6588914221_c666523c2b_b.jpg

Just got my awesome 2, even though I am waiting for my H&R springs and a set of 15x8 wheels from tirerack I decided to test fit my Spyder's Autocross wheels(not mine anymore :( ), UL's 15x8 and 15x9.

Driver side: UL Silver 15x9 36 offset Hankook RS3 225-45-15 (very used)

Thanks

Andres

Did you drive with those 15x9's on the front ??? When I mounted mine they wouldn't fit, the very top of the wheel hit the strut where it is reinforced with a bracket....

Did you drive with those 15x9's on the front ??? When I mounted mine they wouldn't fit, the very top of the wheel hit the strut where it is reinforced with a bracket....

You are right it rubs.You have to use a 5mm spacer, which I don't want to do, so I got 15 x 8's

Andres

I guess I need to work on my internet skills, I cant find how to buy them on tire rack..... I need coffee.

Now that I like....Not to much just the right amount of green....:)
Here are some pics of a set of rims I used on a Focus. 205 40 17'S ET 42. No rubbing issues tell me what you think. I even painted the logo on the rim green lol. Now just to convince her to lower it

Saturn wheels, powdercoated in a color only a crazy person would like :p

Excuse the noise, I need to retake the pic, I didn't know the ISO was cranked :(

yellow4.jpg

I'm thinking of ditching the stock alloys and tires for 15x7 rp-f1s and 205/50/15 Yokohama S. Drives. I want to keep the weight low to match the stock setup -- anyone know how much of a milage hit I might take going to the wider tire?

I've got the liquid silver M2, been debating over black or silver wheels, leaning toward silver...

In my experience, it won't be the width of the wheels that'll lower the gas mileage, it's the fact that you'll want to drive a little faster. heh.

The compound and tread design make quite a difference as well as the width. You may notice higher fuel consumption, but likely not enough to justify not getting sticky tires unless you have a huge daily commute. That being said, the lightweight wheels may offset any loss in mileage if you're coming from heavy steel wheels.

Back