Tailor Made Project

here are a few updates

we spent the afternoon and got the inverted BC coilovers in, mounted up the aac test kit, and test fit the 16' x 9 +15 on 225 40's. tire fitment is fine for now but will change once we start doing body work. the brake kit and wheel clearance is a sight to be had. i cant even begin to tell you how tight this kit sits inside the 16's. wouldn't change a thing. you will see in the pics we added a spacer but to be honest the wheels clear the kit with out it. its just so ******* close its scary so the spacer is there for good measure.

any way, here are some pics, enjoy. there will be more to come on this car as we are working to get it back on the street so we can move it around in prep for the final build this winter.

tailorrmade_brakekit_004.jpg

tailorrmade_brakekit_001.jpg

tailorrmade_brakekit_002.jpg

tailorrmade_brakekit_003.jpg

tailorrmade_brakekit_005.jpg

tailorrmade_brakekit_007.jpg

tailorrmade_brakekit_006.jpg

tailorrmade_brakekit_008.jpg

got two of these on the way - don't be fooled by the numbers, there is a ton to gain out of this power plant

one is going in tailor and the other...

well you will just have to wait and see, oh, and its not the spicy

Last edited:
Is that the 3.0l V6?

I agree with Circuit though, why not the KLZE? Unless you got them at a great price or something. Not bashing, just curious. The KL is basically a direct bolt in so I am curious why you would go with something else. :)

$250 bucks as its in a s*** load of ford platforms
can run twin turbo set up reliably totaling 365 hp @5500 rpm, 420 lbft @ 2500 rpm
all aluminum head and block
untapped performance potential
can be configured as front or rear wheel drive (think future aac rear wheel drive mazdaspeed 3)

dawg all you want but getting this thing into a protege shouldn't be that hard (famous last words ) and once we do there will be plenty of support so that the community can easily pull off the swap

Well double sub to watch this build. It will be epic when completed. Best of luck, mates! (popcorn)

duratec 3.5L

Contour guys have been putting in the 3.0 from the Escapes instead of KL's. I swear looking in the engine bay of my wife's escape is the exact same as my protege.

My question is: What transmission are you going to mate with that?

yup DT35 - lots of unexplored potential. same motor is in new stangs, just over boarded to 3.7

as for a box - looking at focus box becaae theres actual gear support. that is if the car stays FWD ;)

Last edited:
Back