VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailor Made Project

03 Protege5

Not really feelin the off white. I would stick to the white/black/carbon.

03 msp

exactly what he said

Donated: $20

so vinyl is on its way - only color in such short notice is matte white and black so the car will be matte white and matte black. other developments are the front control arms.

these will be ready for some serious abuse soon. final product, should design prove solid, will be way cleaner. but for test purposes these will do just fine. we are looking into moog ball joints. projected part cost for both front driver and pass is looking to be around $380-480 shipped depending on component cost.

this pic doesn't help much due to the lack of a before pic but this is how our current wheel sits with the control arms mounted up. there was about 1/2 to 1 inch of CV play so we except to get at least a 1/2 inch lateral adjustment out of the these arms.
    Last edited by nk2a; 07-26-2011 at 06:47 PM.

SpeedCircuit AV Rep

Supercharged Protege5

Wow!
    Need Parts, Service, or Horsepower?
    Check out S p e e d C i r c u i t . n e t or Email me!
    Need pistons and rods? We stock them!
    Preorder your SpeedCircuit turbo kit today!
    Be sure to check out SpeedCircuit on facebook!

Donated: $25

LX, MSP 1145

do want!
    Be happy!

Screwed and Tattooed! speedypro2003's Avatar

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege TIT. #603

Subbbbb...waY!!!

2002 Mazda Protege ES

Subadubdub

more updates - now that a lot of the parts are showing up we are making some progress

TSS garage

some better pics of the front control arms - last step is to make a relocation bracket for the arm that bolts to the frame. straight is better

trailing arm all mounted up - phatty rotors awaiting calipers...

which brings us to calipers - fronts are crazy light and have tons of surface area

rear set up just waiting for some calipers - very curious to check out how this rear brake setup works

cage is all welded in

Last edited by nk2a; 07-28-2011 at 05:53 PM.

2003.5 Laser Blue MSP

Hey Noah,

So the adjustment length will be about 1/2 inch? What about the lower ball joint positioning or length? I ask because I have been looking for either roll center adjusters or LCAs that will correct the roll center on lowered cars.
    Last edited by 03.5MSP; 07-30-2011 at 06:43 PM.

2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT & 2001 SC Protege

sick man. this is too cool. what are the plans after the event is over, and you finish with the spicy. whats to come of this protege?

Registered Zombie fishdonotbounce's Avatar

08.5 CWP Speed3

subbed
    Past: 2002 Turbo'd Automatic Protege5
    Current: 2008.5 CWP MS3 with a few mods - Build Thread

so a shitty update - we are still waiting on the fucking proportioning valve - it's going in the car next to the gangster brake for rapid adjustment. should be fun to mess with. that said we are way behind on the project. parts just took too long. what that means is we probably wont get to all the good stuff till after the show.

wrap just came in - picking that up tomorrow. brakes are mounted minus the PV adjuster. last little item before the wheels get mounted and the car gets aligned.

as for what's next - well there is a lot of little shit to do with this car and we are getting all the parts that we will be selling stocked and ready for shipment. the spicy is awaiting a motor and as soon as that is in hand we will be finishing that build up - a lot of the AAC parts from tailor made will go onto the spicy.

2002 Mazda Protege LX

Sub
    Want to do a ATX to MTX swap on your third gen? Look here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123780644

well its been a bit and the goal to get the aac shop car, now nick named, identity crisis, ready for tailored seattle proved too ambitious. that being said we made a lot of progress on a few projects.

front control arms seem to be holding up well. full brake kit is under refinement. to further support aggressive fitment for functional applications (form not to be excluded) we are designing some custom shallow rotor hats that will help with a more aggressive track fitment. this should give us another .25 inches of space up front provided the right offset wheel is chosen.

so as you can see this car is acquiring all kinds of random parts. i had a spare spicy bumper that has some paint damage on it that was zip tied on just for test fitting.

the new work M1R's got some meat mounted as i had a spare set of NT01 18 225x40s. the whole set up is a bit monster for this car but it's been fun trying to make it work. i figure if i can get this set up to work i should be able to get all kinds of other set ups to fit.

fitting - fitting is a bit of a stretch. we killed both front fenders rather quickly with this set up. we're running 18x9 +20 in the front with half the 225x40 tire tucked. this is with rotor hats that are too big in their current state. with custom shallow hats this set up will fit perfectly. that being said our final fitment will be 16x10 in the front and the back. rear fenders have a decent pull. we will be shaving an 8th of an inch or so off the links to fit 10's as well as taking a new set of front fenders and getting them english rolled for a not so JDM finish

a few other little details or lack of is the cockpit which has been stripped of everything but a front seat. dash still needs lots of trimming but we will get to all that once we have all the other elements worked out. lots of fun details for the interior down the road.

part of the identity crisis theme is that this car has no idea what the fuck is going on. hence the rally like ebrake, which, even tho this car is front wheel drive, makes for a whole lot of nonsense that is crazy fun to drive.

Last edited by nk2a; 09-07-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Donated: $5

Protege

wow cant believe i havent see this yet awesome work man cant wait to see the finish. SUBD
    Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    It was in Beijing, so it was probably a Chinese knockoff of an Elantra, which is one of the saddest things ever written on the internet LOL
    "I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN"

BUILD THREAD | MOD LIST | FS THREAD | GARAGE PAGE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast