Koni Sport/Yellow and Eibach set

xMazdax

:
2007 Mazda 3 hatch
Seeing how I don't really need legit coilovers because Im not racing or anything. I figured I should get a set of Koni Sport shocks and struts and Eibach sportlines. Is this a good choice? What shocks and struts or springs would you guys prefer? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just get the springs and run them with your stock struts and shocks. I personally don't belive the stories of lowering spring pre-maturely wearing out the stock dampers. All shocks and struts will wear out over time. Keep in mind that most if not all lowering springs have a higher spring rate compared to stock springs, therefore in my mind the dampers don't have to work as hard because the suspeneion will travel less.

Last edited:
I agree....everyone has a different story/opinion about it as well. I'm on s-techs with stock struts and shocks and its been fine. A little rougher on crappy roads but so much nicer on decent roads or winding back country roads. Plus you can always run on the stocks and if they wear out then move over to the koni sports or i've heard nice things about the fsd's as well.

I ran BC coilovers on my 08 MS3 in South Florida which were nice because the roads are good. I have been in St. Louis, MO for a couple of years and had to take them off quick. I ended up getting Yellows and used the stock MS3 springs.

I recently sold the MS3 and bought an 2005 MS3 sedan. I am going to run Koni FSDs and some spring... I'm actually looking for people who are running the FSDs right now to see what spring they are using.

Anyway, I would suggest trying to find someone with MS3 springs for sale and running the Yellows with those. Great setup for a DD.

Back