2012 Mazda5 2.5L Power Series Short Ram Intake

:
2012 Mazda5 Sport AT
The 2010+ Power Series SRI for the Mazda3 from Corksport fits and works just fine on my 2012 Mazda5. I bought one lightly used (3,000 miles) and installed it back in April and haven't had a single problem some 6,000 miles later. Thought Corksport, and any prospective Mazda5 users, would like to know. I posted these in another thread but I'll put them here again. (2thumbs)

2012mazda5corksportintake1.jpg
2012mazda5corksportintake2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting up the information on the fitment in the new 2012 Mazda 5.

-Derrick

The 2010+ Power Series SRI for the Mazda3 from Corksport fits and works just fine on my 2012 Mazda5. I bought one lightly used (3,000 miles) and installed it back in April and haven't had a single problem some 6,000 miles later. Thought Corksport, and any prospective Mazda5 users, would like to know. I posted these in another thread but I'll put them here again. (2thumbs)

View attachment 186160
View attachment 186159

Thanks for posting the info and pics. It looks great. How easy was removing the old intake and installing the new one? Any issues with the cel going on? (cool)

Thanks for posting the info and pics. It looks great. How easy was removing the old intake and installing the new one? Any issues with the cel going on? (cool)

Wow, completely missed this post. Sorry. Removing the stock intake is very easy and quick. The hardest part is removing the clip that attaches the MAF wire bundle to a plastic mount. It only takes a few minutes to get the stock airbox out. Follow the CS instructions and you won't have any problems. I did have CEL issues with the first intake I picked up, but I'm chalking that up to the fact that the previous owner didn't give me the screws for the MAF sensor and I used some from the hardware store that didn't fit very well. I sold that intake earlier this year but I just picked up another one and threw it on two days ago. This time all the proper hardware was included so the installation was easy, fast, and correct. :p

Excuse the dirty engine bay; I'm going to do some cleaning on it in the spring.

2012121513243810.jpg

20121215132442437.jpg

20121215132449354.jpg

Well it threw a p0171 code last night. I reseated the maf f and breather tube, disconnected the battery, and cleared the code. My gas mileage on my 18 hour trip was pretty bad, in the 22 range compared to 27-, so I'm wondering if the ecu was dumping fuel on the way to try and even the mix out before just giving up and tossing a code. Here's hoping the cel stays off.

Needs an ECU mod to match the extra air flow??

I don't think so since I ran the first intake for so many miles problem-free. I haven't had a CEL since I reseated things and cleared that code. My gas mileage is crappy, but I don't do as much driving as I used to so it's hard to know what's going on. I'm thinking it's a combination of factors that have led to the poor mileage in the 22-23 range on the highway. On one leg of my trip the other day I hit just under 29, though, so I'm really confused. These new wheels and tires are going to hit the fuel economy, but I don't know. I'm going to keep investigating.

Hey whats up everyone this is my first mazda6. Im looking to upgrade my intake system any ideas? Im open for any suggestions!

Back