Hello 2012+ Mazda5 Owners!

:
2012 Mazda5 Touring
So how many miles do you have? When did you buy it? Location?

I will start.

2012 Mazda 5 Touring
Copper Red
Purchased in Los Angeles July 14th, 2011
Currently 315 miles.

2012 Mazda5 Sport AT
Brilliant Black
Purchased in Indiana April, 2011
Currently 7,200 miles.

Changes from stock:
Installed Class I trailer hitch (from U-haul) so I can use a Hitch-haul cargo carrier
Corksport PowerSeries Intake
15% tint

Last edited:
Still waiting for the local dealer to get more Grand Tourings in, then I will be trading my HHR SS in for a 5GT :D.

Still waiting for the local dealer to get more Grand Tourings in, then I will be trading my HHR SS in for a 5GT :D.

Very nice. Locally GT and Touring were scarce, and the color I wanted only model in 750 mile range. I am happy with mine (though it has been at the dealership quite a bit so far). Good luck with yours.

Very nice. Locally GT and Touring were scarce, and the color I wanted only model in 750 mile range. I am happy with mine (though it has been at the dealership quite a bit so far). Good luck with yours.

What kind of problems are you having?

Hey everyone,

I have been away for a bit, but we have our 2012 at last!

2012 Mazda5 GT 5AT
Aluminum Metallic
just under 1000kms
Purchased in Newmarket, Ontario in early June
(one of the last across pre-tsunami)

We are taking it to Ottawa for the weekend, so I hope to get some nice pictures. Plan on taking it in for the first oil change when we get back.

2012 Mazda5 Grand Touring
Black/Black
Aftermarket 18" wheels and tires
Leased March 2011
3500 miles thus far

Johnnie-you gotta drive yours more :D I think we will have that much in another few weeks :) And it hasn't been amonth that we bought it

Ha ha! I also traded in an HHR SS on my Mazda 5! The HHR was very quick, but too unrefined and did not have enough room for us and our new dog, daughter, and all our gear.

HHR SS depreciation is not good.

So far the Mazda 5 is a hoot to drive, and I love the 6-speed manual. It's obviously slower than my SS (260hp vs 157hp), but otherwise I prefer driving the 5. Better steering, better suspension, better transmission, better clutch, and feels like a much higher-quality vehicle.

A MazdaSpeed 5 would be awesome :)

and feels like a much higher-quality vehicle.
Lol I guess things in life are all relative. The knock against the Mazda 5 for me is it is one of the lowest quality and cheaply put together interior of any modern car I have been in .

Lol I guess things in life are all relative. The knock against the Mazda 5 for me is it is one of the lowest quality and cheaply put together interior of any modern car I have been in .

Have you been in an HHR? The Mazda is definitley nicer.

You're right though, the Mazda 5 interior isn't super high quality, but mechanically it feels very solid.

Have you been in an HHR? The Mazda is definitley nicer.

You're right though, the Mazda 5 interior isn't super high quality, but mechanically it feels very solid.

I have been inside a PT Cruiser...and the 5 is on par with that. I am also on Mazda #6, and the Mazda5 has the cheapest interior of all the Mazdas I owned. :) But I knew going in.

2012 Mazda5 Sport AT
Copper Red
Pembroke, Ontario
600km

Ill put pics up soon. Got 35% tint up front 15% in the back, yakima rook rack. I got black 17`s on the way.... :)

WElcome Gypsy. Would love to see the pics of the roof rack (what was needed to make it fit) and the 17s

I currently have about 800 miles, picked it up about 2 weeks ago.

Trim level is Grand Touring and color is Clear Water Blue Mica exterior with black leather interior.

Purchased I believe last week of September, can't recall the actual date.

I have ordered the mud flaps and tailpipe finisher which will be here sometime this week.

After that, just need to get rear windows tinted and looking to get a set of Michelin Alpins mounted on alloy as a package from TireRack (along with TPMS sensors).

Few last addition may be sunroof deflector and a Hidden Hitch hitch receiver with wiring.
So how many miles do you have? When did you buy it? Location?

I will start.

2012 Mazda 5 Touring
Copper Red
Purchased in Los Angeles July 14th, 2011
Currently 315 miles.

Back