What have you done to your MS6 today?

My Nextmod front lip just showed up today as well. Any tips on mounting it?

Yea.. Prep the surface well.. 3m tape and also when I mounted my Autoexe one i had to go ahead and drill like 4 more holes in the front where its on the bumper on each side and use bolts/nuts/washer plus the regular mounting spots as well.. Because the front popped down on me at higher speeds/way higher

at the dealer picking up a filter cleaning kit (and maybe another subaru) and the parts guy offers me an OEM short shift kit haha need to do some research on the part # to see of its compatible with the speed's 6spd

*edit*
as i suspected, only compatible with 5M transmissions, i didnt think there was a factory optional shifter kit for the speed

Last edited:
We took a stroll through the carwash. Tonight I'm introducing her to her new downpipe.. We'll see how the first date goes and take it from there.

installed JBR short shift kit yesterday. What a difference!! Install was a piece of cake and I can fly through the gears now. I thought it would take some time getting used to but that wasn't the case at all.

IMG_0104.jpg

Drove 2000 miles in the last three days, near Chicago now. Two days til I'm back in Boston. Pic from Ghost Rock in Utah
bikesutah.jpg

So my rims have had this nasty burnt on brake dust that i thought was going to be impossible to get off. So i tried the all mighty magic eraser and holly s*** I was amazed.

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Pulled the trigger on the ebay downpipe. Pretty good reviews and a decent amount of people on forums have them so I gave it a go. Only $171 shipped to Canada! The guy said he could ship it as a gift for $50 too so hopefully I can avoid duty. UPS high priority shipping...

Huh! I'll have to try that magic eraser... I have one wheel that's pretty bad, and I haven't been able to scrub it clean.

yea i have tried everything too and finally found that this works. takes some elbow grease, patience, and a few erasers but you'll be amazed at the results

Pricing out fluids for rear diff, transfer case, and tranny. Figure it's about time to replace em before winter hits. BTW wasn't there a thread somewhere around here showing the recommended fluids and amounts? Could of sworn it was here somewhere...

Last edited:
yeah, its probably still under the non-ms6 forum. i'll track it down and move it over.

edit: its now stickied at the top of the MS6 engine section.

Last edited:
n00b question:

So I got my 3" catless DP coming in, can I run stage 2 with it on my AP? Or do I need a full tbe for the stage 2? And do I need to get a fuel pump also to run the dp?

n00b question:

So I got my 3" catless DP coming in, can I run stage 2 with it on my AP? Or do I need a full tbe for the stage 2? And do I need to get a fuel pump also to run the dp?

I know a guy with a MS3 running stage 2 maps without a downpipe, just a test pipe, and he has had no problems, so I think you'd be fine with just the dp. He is also on the stock fp and is consistently at or above 1600. I think there is a large amount of variance in the strength of the stock fp's, though. Maybe his is just strong. What dp are you getting?

Back