Driver side window would not go down

arnold

I pushed down on the power window switch after I turned the car on, in the afternoon, and the window would not go down. I tried several times during my drive and nothing. All other windows worked properly. After work, at about 12:30 am I turned my car on and tried the window again. It worked. What are the possible reasons for this odd behavior?

I had the exact same issue happen the other day. I know there were issues with the auto down feature several years ago where when it was hot the auto down would stop after an inch or two or sometimes not work at all. I can't remember if the completely immobile window was a symptom of that too. I think it probably is because it was about 104 degrees when I got in the car, and at 70-80 the next morning it worked fine and has since.

I had the exact same issue happen the other day. I know there were issues with the auto down feature several years ago where when it was hot the auto down would stop after an inch or two or sometimes not work at all. I can't remember if the completely immobile window was a symptom of that too. I think it probably is because it was about 104 degrees when I got in the car, and at 70-80 the next morning it worked fine and has since.

+1...This happens to me occasionally in the heat of the day and on the passenger side too...

I guess our window motors don't like to get to hot...(dunno)

I have found a smal amount of residue in the rubber channel were the window goes up into and it seems to stick sometimes. just clean rubber gasket every week when I clean windows.

Thanks for your replies guys. So far, the problem has not occurred again. Whew! It may have been a one time thing due to heat or dirty window gasket. I'm thinking that heat was not the culprit though because it wasn't extremely hot that day. It definitely could have been dirt, since I haven't cleaned my car in a while and there is mildew on the window gasket.

Russum has the problem figured out, my windows do this as well randomly. The rubber keeps grip of the window. Usually if it doesnt go down the first time il pull the button back up and try it again til it goes down. But my windows do have the rubber residue on them.

Window sticks in the gasket. If it does it again, give the window a slight outward push while using the button

other thing you can do is put a thin layer of greas or lubricant on the top edge so it doesnt stick.

And be carefull about it sticking, ive noticed mine has started to come loose of the holding mount so i can actually wobble the glass forward and backward. I think the constant sticking has loosened somehing

Latest posts

Back