Bent rims - repaired

:
East Greenbush, NY
:
2021 CX-5 GTR
Bent rims on my MS6 had been driving me nuts for about a year and a half. Nothing that you would notice when driving around town, but on the highway, they made me want to cry. In May, I finally made an appointment and drove the car 3 hours to have them fixed in Waltham, MA at Rim and Wheel Works.

About $300 to have 2 (18") rims straightened - well worth it. I <3 my MS6 again! (I'm pretty certain that the rims were bent when I bought the car about 2 years ago - I think they were on the rear, where they are less noticeable, and the tires had worn.)

The guys showed me the wheels after they determined which ones were bent; they were so badly bent that you could see the smoosh rather than them having to put them on the machine to show me.

My dad's friend knew someone who had a car with bent rims that got rid of the car because the shimmy was driving him nuts - I completely understand, I was almost there!

But there would have been no guarantee that they were straight, and the $300 for the two included taking the tires off, remounting, and balancing. If they weren't local, I would have also had to pay shipping or drive to get them.

New rims through Mazda: $575 each (plus mounting and balancing)
Used rims through Ebay, guaranteed to be straight: $200 each (plus mounting and balancing)
Reconditioned rims through Ebay: $275 each (plus mounting and balancing)

Back