Jess's 91 BRG LS6 Build Thread

Hmm true... I just took a quick look and a 5.0 with aluminum heads is pretty much the same weight as an LSX, give or take 20 lbs. Iron heads though... a wee bit more.

Granted this is obviously no monster miata ford kit, but this is reallllllll interesting with all the fabrication and the other trans

but why do you see more of the NAs with this stuff? Does no one like the NBs?

Cheaper to find a shell? Just my guess. A lot of the NB prices seem a bit high still. Flyin Miata has a few NB V8's running around. I saw a few of them at The Mitty @ Road Atlanta.

I believe the LS is somewhere in the range of 50 lbs heavier than the 4 cylinder. Whether that's a 1.6 or 1.8 I don't know. Also unsure if that takes into account accessories on the block... But 50 lbs is the # I hear thrown around. I also hear 200lbs total added with the V8R kit, and 1/3 being over the rear wheels (with the 2" setback kit like I have). But even then, is that with a heavy ford 8.8 or lighter cadillac diff?? Lol.

My car weighed just about 2,100 with half a tank. I'm shooting for 2,200-2,300 when all is said and done.

Is there another Jess on here or something? I've seen two comments with something relating to "other Jess" lol.

This body work is taking for.ev.er.

0ba2ec2f.jpg

I guess I could update this :p

Not much going on, need MOAR MONEY!!!

Bay got painted.

a632bf96.jpg

39120884.jpg

e05360c5.jpg

Also cleaned up and undercoated the tranny tunnel with some heat insulating and rust-preventative paint:

55539df2.jpg

06631d80.jpg

(I also undercoated the entire underside of my 2 with this, I got a gallon of it from metalshield.com o_O)

Got my standalone harness back from Speartech, I can haz OBDII on a 91 :)

76d5bf65.jpg

9266525e.jpg

I will have a set of 15x9 6ULs in my possession after this weekend................ they will probably get stuck on the 2 for at least a test fit to see just how much they stick out (guessing about 2") but they are destined for the Miata.

Went to CT last weekend, picked some wheels for the Miatar from a fellow CR.netter. They stayed on the 2 for a week for S&G, now they're in storage :)

15x9 6UL

7bb7cca9.jpg

Do you want that randomness deleted?

I love the "Because Race Car" sticker.

haha I don't care, I was just confused. Thanks, I love it too! I'm thinking about getting "Because Daily Driver Race Car" cut for the 2. But that's kinda long. :)

I shall update this. Just for you!

This is how I do, hahaha

9b9590e9.jpg

Perfect:

0e6d6044.jpg

The 2 grinning like a retard at the V8 Miata:

f5820418.jpg

The sheer size of the tranny and engine combo is insane. It really looks like it wouldn't fit in the little Miata... but it does.

Waiting on the headers to come back from coating and then I can bolt it in for good. Tonight was just lets-make-sure-the-tranny-clears-everything...

Back