R Spicy 1 Build coming soon.......

Pistons and rods have been shipped and so has the AWR oil pan......crank is good to go........the engine build begins next week so stay tuned.

standard size on the pistons or did you have to bore it out any? stock length rods?

going to bore it out a bit.......and I wil be stopping by to take pics as I will be watching the progress!

Last edited:
I agree, I have spoken to Big 3 and they're going to build the motor for me for nothing, I just have to supply the parts. So, we have already started to obtaining parts. A big thank you to Josh, he is selling me the block that he took out of the Protege 5 he bought, can't thank this guy enough! What a great addition to the team and man I owe you big time and you will e taken care of. Thanks to the rst of the family for all of the support, it means a lot to both Lauri and me.....so the Spicy Saga continues........

Anything I can do to help!! You're probably going to have the cleanest FS-DE block in Ohio. hahaha

Now I see why they aren't working on my car ... Gonna give those guys a call today and speak of equal opportunity drivers. :D

Subbin, though a little late...

Sorry to hear once again, Marlon. But if you need any help or anything, you know all you have to do is ask. I like FS-DE's and Protege's. :)

Just saw this, sorry to hear about the motor!

Subbin' for updates.

Ok, rods and pistons are here, block has been sent to the machine shop, AWR oil pan is almost finished, the new motormounts and tranny nmounts are on the way. So stay tuned for further updates.

will it be done in time for the aug. nasa event?

More than likely not, but it gives me time to get everything done right and rush it to get back on track, especially since I won't have enough events for Nationals for this year. But I will be out to support our friends and family.

Wait you won't be able to run in Sept.?

May not have enough events to run in Nationals, plus the cost will be way too much to enter. Would need more time for test and tuning as well, getting the suspension dialed in, car balanced etc.

I understand. Next year my brotha. spoken like a true Indians, Browns fan. Lol!

Not to mention having to pay to rent pavement for Nationals. Christian was telling me how much it was last year. No thank you. Haha.

Not to mention having to pay to rent pavement for Nationals. Christian was telling me how much it was last year. No thank you. Haha.

Sounds like greed to me.....crazy, put out in the pasture and just let me run my car and be done with it

Updates? I miss Spicy... :(

New grill arrived yesterday courtesy of Mazdaspeed Motorsport, saved $100.00...Monday, got my Corksport strut tower bar and stainless steel braided clutch lne. Just waitingon the block to come back and then the build statrs in earnest, hoping to have her back by Mid-Ohio Corral!!!!

I hope to see her at the Corral for sure. What was wrong with your CF strut bar? Not that there is anything wrong with the CorkSport bars.

Back