R Spicy 1 Build coming soon.......

Broken rod bolt!!!! Crank is intact, no damage and the head is still inperfect condition!!

More good news!
Hey don't you fly out today? I bet you can't wait to see your family out there, so cool! Have a good trip, and another sucessful corral.

Wow that's ashame you never really got to see the full potential on the track yet. The new Spicy will be a mother ****** BEAAASTTTT

Full potential? He's exceeded the safety limits of an FS-DE by about 20 hp. I'd say he's doing more than the car should have been able to.

Full potential? He's exceeded the safety limits of an FS-DE by about 20 hp. I'd say he's doing more than the car should have been able to.

Full potential of the entire car, not just the engine. What would be the safety limits of the FS-DE be once Marlon builds it up?

I was never disappointed in the car, despite the all of the little gremlins. The majority of the miles have been related to auto-x and track days with two drivers! It is sometimes a burden, but when I look at the overall picture the car has done quite well, so I can't complain.

To Larry's point, yes I will be on a plane to Cali this evening and looking forward to seeing family and freinds. Should be a great time, we'll be staying with Tom & Jackie in a condo overlookinf Monterey Bay

Full potential of the entire car, not just the engine. What would be the safety limits of the FS-DE be once Marlon builds it up?

depends how much boost he wants to run... building the motor with forged internals will help ensure that the motor can take more boost but its really up to marlon whether he wants more boost or to keep it where its been...

I think it would be insane to build the entire car as far as Ctyracer built his Probe. From what I've heard it can eat M3's on the track, but I dunno what class that would put it in...

Sorry to hear that the motor went. But its awesome to hear it will be put back together again! Cant wait to see the final product Marlon :D

The overall plan is to keep the car at its current levels for NASA with the current HP/WT ratio that keeps me in the TTD class, which is where the car is best suited. In open track days we can adjust accordingly to what we want to accomplish with the car. the real big focus will be suspension, as all the HP in the world means nothing if you can't get it to the ground, so that is my main focus. Spicy is quick as hell and it felt like it was on rails through all of the turns.

Really depends on a few things... I know of a few 400 whp FS-DE's out there... but they also have about $20k into them. For $5k, you can have a 340 whp FS, like kooldino. He's put many a mile on that car, thrashing it about. BUT, once you get above 270, the transmission becomes the weakest link. 3rd gear especially. Ironically, 3rd gear is the only gear where you start to get traction at that point.

Too much power in a FWD car is pointless in a road course application. Suspension can help put it to the ground, so can better tires... but as many have said before... a s*** ton of power in a FWD car is like taking a hooker to dinner.

I think it would be insane to build the entire car as far as Ctyracer built his Probe. From what I've heard it can eat M3's on the track, but I dunno what class that would put it in...

Doesn't really say much. I know a certain automatic P5 that laps Z06's...

subbing for updates. Sorry to hear Marlon

Pistons and rods have been shipped and so has the AWR oil pan......crank is good to go........the engine build begins next week so stay tuned.

Pistons and rods have been shipped and so has the AWR oil pan......crank is good to go........the engine build begins next week so stay tuned.

standard size on the pistons or did you have to bore it out any? stock length rods?

Back