Brake life??

Seanfig03

:
2007 Mazda CX7 AWD GT White
I have a 2007 cx7 i purchased new 4 years ago. it has 65,000 miles on it and the stock brakes still have plenty of life left. everything is stock on the vehicle. I plan on ordering the HKS intake and BOV soon, but that has nothing to do with my question. The pads and rotors are still in awesome shape. I was wondering when i should plan to replace them. Has anyone else's lasted this long? Most of my cars before have had the brakes last until around 50,000 miles or so, never this long. The last time I took my car in for service, the mechanic said the front pads were at 70% and the rears were at 80%. Any opinions, comments??

I'm at 103,000 and still going on the original pads, I get my oil changed at the mazda dealer and I think they checked the yellow box so maybe need to change soon. Most of the miles are highway with little traffic so that I think is why not to much wear for a car I've had since june 2006.

Wow, I wish I had done as well as you. I'm at about 42k and looking to replace mine. Lots of highway stop and go commuting might be the culprit.

Back