Pioneer TS-A6964R or Infinty Reference

So I wasn't going to do any sort of stereo mods for a while but my friend has been bugging me to get some speakers so I figure I mind as well do it while I have a job at Future Shop (same as BestBuy for all the American folks) and get some discounts lol. My question is whether I should go with the Pioneer TS-A694R or the Infinity Reference. Everyone at work has the Infinity's and swears by them but they are almost double the price. I know Pioneer is a well known and good brand so I am just looking for some more opinions and thoughts. Thanks.

between the 2 the infinity's. I also used to work for and run the mobile dept in our local store and never had any complaints from anyone with the infinity products. i have the kappa perfects components in the car for the past few years and have no issues with them, the winter beater has the references in it and no issues.

side note, check to see if you can still buy direct from infinity... those prices were even better than what you could get in the store, took a bit longer as you had to order them but worth the extra savings if your only doing it cause of peer pressure.

Well there's 3 levels reference, kappa, and perfect
I have the kappa in my car infinities are the only speakers ever to be in my car. I had the perfects in my honda but the kappas work for me it just depends on your budget and what your trying to get. Next week im gonna buy a 10" infinity sub to add some bump. Do some research and see what will give you the best bang for your buck while still getting the quality sound and reliability. My moneys on infinity but that's just my opinion.

which do you prefer between the two Infinity's?

Its hard to compare the 2 even the 3 infinity's, if your going to be running the speakers off the deck than get the speakers that sound the best to you off the deck listening to your style of music. IMO i prefer the quality of the Infinity brand to pioneer but if your just really doing this cause people are telling you to do it get what sounds best to you. As far as comparing the speakers my Mazda has Kappa perfect components being powered by an amp and setup through a JBL MS-8. The Mazda is also soundproofed and had all of the factory wiring changed out for Monster 14ga speaker wire, no corners were cut where it counts in the Mazda.

The winter beater has a cheap Panasonic deck running the references through factory Honda wiring, the sound levels and quality do not compare at all but for the time that i drive the beater the speakers do what they need to. I just feels real good getting back into summer and being able to listen to my real stereo.

Well the speakers are just going to be run off the deck, with no other plans of upgrading after that. I am doing it cause I am wanting a bit better sound in my car, I don't want anything crazy, just upgraded over stock. My friends did the speakers in there cars and they sounds great so I figured why wait, its worth it for me to do it now. So I guess the real question now is, are the Infinity's really worth it if I am just replacing the speakers.

Last edited:
well like he said if you just want something to sound better and dont really care for name the brand then just get the pioneer they are still a good brand alot of people use them theyll get the job done. If you look on amazon you can probably get a good deal heres a link to infinity and pioneer speakers.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

well like he said if you just want something to sound better and dont really care for name the brand then just get the pioneer they are still a good brand alot of people use them theyll get the job done. If you look on amazon you can probably get a good deal heres a link to infinity and pioneer speakers.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

he works at FS so he can get cost plus 5% on the speaker of his choice. I say bring a CD of your music into the store and compare the 2 sets of speakers to each other running off of the same deck. if you cant tell a difference than your decision should be easy

oh well i guess i missed that. well hell then yeah what ^ he said take the cd jam and see which you like better.

Latest posts

Back