Car not Accelerating correcty

gerlitzkib6

Contributor
:
12' White Pearl MS3
Ok so my MSP has started to act up on me. The problem seems to be more prone to happen when the car is cold, and when I'm in lower gears (1-3). When I start to accelerate it doesnt do it smoothly. It gets worse when i really romp on it or going up a hill. It feels almost like a misfire or something but isn't very consistent. At night when it misses it dims the lights a little bit. I just did a tune up (Coil Packs, Wires, and Spark Plugs). I'm about to do the timing belt here soon, and clean my EGR. I also have a little oil coming into my CAI. Right where it goes on to the Turbo. My Throttle Body also looks a little dirty so I'm going to clean that also (Anyone know the best way to do that?). I will be installing a boost gauge, A/F Ratio, and Oil Pressure Gauge this Wednesday so maybe that will give some more lead on to whats going on. Any tips anyone could give me would be great. The car has 103k miles on it. Thanks guys.:(

Did it start when you did the ignition work? You might have a slightly loose connection somewhere causing an intermittent misfire. Go and check every inch of the components that were replaced.

Yeah it did it when i got the car, so i did the tune up hoping to rid my car of the problem. But now it just seems to get slighty worse each day.

If you have oil in your CAI, its very likely that your turbo is shot. Plan on getting a new one

No not yet, I heard there is some sort of MAFS Cleaner? Is that what i should use. And yeah I figured out that the oil lines to the turbo are shot and are gonna be replaced asap (Thats where the oil is coming from.

CRC MAFS cleaner would be the best thing to use but I have heard of people using brake cleaner as a substitute.

if you have oil in your cai, it usually means your pcv is shot. turbo is the second culprit. if the return line is leaking, its probably the rubber o-ring, not the line itself. ive never seen the feed go bad, but doesnt mean it cant happen.

Thats interesting how hard would that be took check/replace? Would it cause oil to leak everywhere?

neither the pcv nor the oring would creste a puddle of oil anywhere. the pcv would deposit anywhere from a thin film to some sludge-y deposits in your cai, the oring would do the same to the bottom of your turbo and the front of your block. if you're at a steady leak, its probably more significant than either of those... bad turbo or a blown line is more likely at that point.

Bad turbo can be rebuilt may be better just to upgrade though since t25 is about the same price as t28.that's weird the lights dim have you gotten ur mechanic to check ur charging system? Maybe ur alternator or battery are bad

if the turbo is bad, its a good chunk of change to fix it, and the labor makes it prohibitive to doing it through a mechanic. CHRA's are about 450 for a GT2554 which is fairly reasonable compared to a few years ago. you will need snap-ring pliers and an assload of patience though. option b is replace it with a disco potato (gt2860rs -- about a grand new or 600 used), another gt25 (maybe 350 used tops for a decent one), nissan t25 + adapters (about the same, but not ball bearing), or nissan t28 + adapters (350-400)

also, while you say its on the mis, its possible your lights dim when your fans kick on. the power draw on those is retarded, and its not uncommon for the lights to dim when they first start up.

Ok so I figured out the problem with it not accelerating, kinda. I got it fixed but im not sure which it was that fixed it. I cleaned MAFS and the Throttle Body and one of them worked, i should of done them separately but oh well. Now focusing on the turbo I'm going to degrease it and clean it and see exactly where the oil is coming from. I'll let you guys know what happens. Thanks again for the help

and with the lights dimming I'm gonna say that the reason was probably because when it was skipping a beat it was probably just changing the power output and that affected the charging system. Idk though.

Back