Driver's side window auto-up/down issues

MazdaTwo

:
2011 Mazda 2 Sport (Black)
Lately, I've noticed that I have intermittent operation of the automatic up/down feature on the driver's side window. It's (from what I can tell) completely random, and the only "common denominator" I can find is that it seems to happen when it's extremely hot outside.

Probably the most annoying thing about it (besides the fact that it doesn't work) is that it's so inconsistent that I can't even justify scheduling a service appointment to get it checked.

Has anyone else ever had this issue? I'm having flashbacks to my VW window regulator days... *eye starts to twitch*

Same problem with me...just started working again today. I thought it started after I changed out my batteries (power interruption) but it could also be the hot weather. (Extreme cold = no radio sound, Extreme heat = no express window function 8)

I actually had problems with putting the Passengers side window up with the button on the drivers side..... only once so far though! Weiiiird!

Same problem with me...just started working again today. I thought it started after I changed out my batteries (power interruption) but it could also be the hot weather. (Extreme cold = no radio sound, Extreme heat = no express window function 8)

hmmm...
I dont think its extreme heat. Ive been in 100+ degree weather every day for the past week plus several 104 degree days and I dont have any problem...

One of my rear windows makes a electric whine type of noise when it first starts to roll down.
I have window paranoia after owning a jeep liberty.
There were famous for window regulator failures over & over & over.

I actually had problems with putting the Passengers side window up with the button on the drivers side..... only once so far though! Weiiiird!

I've had this problem, I fixed it by putting the key back to the ignition/start position, then it worked. Like the driver side will go down/up on accessory but not the passenger side...

I've been noticing some inconsistencies in the automatic function lately too...namely, if it starts going down on automatic, I used to be able to just click up and it would stop, now it seems to want to go down all the way, then I need to roll it back up if I only want it part way...not really a big deal, just means I don't use the automatic roll much anymore. I would venture to guess it's from the heat as well.

I MAY have figured out how to get the drivers side back into AUTO mode when it decides to quit working. When I rolled the window up all the way, I held the switch down for ~3 seconds and the auto function worked after that.

I second elf... except what I've been doing is holding the driver's auto switch all the way up for a couple seconds. I've determined that there are times when the power windows act like the key is in the accessory position (I can't directly relate this to weather from what I've experienced). I'm guessing that there is a loose connection where the system receives the signal that the key is in the on position. I'm gonna try to get my hands on a wiring diagram to see if I can diagnose this myself without voiding the warranty.

Have your window all the way up. Hold the switch down, when it reaches the bottom, continue holding for three seconds. After holding for three seconds, hold the switch up. Once it reaches the top continue holding for 3 seconds. You should hear a clicking letting you know the AUTO feature has been programmed.

Have your window all the way up. Hold the switch down, when it reaches the bottom, continue holding for three seconds. After holding for three seconds, hold the switch up. Once it reaches the top continue holding for 3 seconds. You should hear a clicking letting you know the AUTO feature has been programmed.

^^^^ This.

It's even spelled out in the owner's manual, fer chrissake. Mine lost it's programming once about six months ago. I read the damned manual, followed these steps, and have had no more issues.

Pssh... Who needs to read the owners manual to know how to operate the automatic windows?... I guess I do :X...

Back