Cruise control problem

mazdamex

:
Mazda 3 2007 sport, sedan
Hello everybody, i just gouht a 2007 mazda 3 sedan sport, it has the cruise control on the steering wheel. When i press the turn on button i can see the indicator on the panel, but i cannot set any speed, i trayed pressign harder the button, softer, quickly, fast and nothing happen. I've been reading some post and i already check the stop lights and they work fine, I don't know if there ir a fuse or something else that i can check, could you help me? thanks

Have you checked the wheel/hub bearings up front. The abs sensor is internal and if "broken" wont let you engage cruise control. It senses one wheel not turning even though it is. I had this problem in my ms3. good luck

Hello Strick, no, i haven't check the wheel/hub bearings, is the one that is on the top of the front driver wheel? Whoe can I check if it es working fine?

I had a shop look at mine and check it out. You have to disassemble it to see if its working or not. They took out the sensor from one side and reversed them to find out which one was bad. Is your abs light on by chance or the traction control indicator? Our cars are a little different though

After read your thread, when i came to my work i checked the car's panel and the abs light indicator is not turnign on never, nither the traction control indicator.

your post is a little ambiguous, so i'm going to ask the obvious question - are you pressing the right button? the proper procedure is to arm the cruise system by pressing the "On" button - this also turns the light in the clustor on, illuminated in an orange color. then, to set the speed, you press the "Set / -" button - this turns the "Cruise" light to a green color, indicating that the cruise control is 'set'. to cancel the set speed, press the "Cancel" button. its all outlined in the owners manual.

I checked the brake switch and i think that is working fine because the stop lights are full working. There is no any light about brakes or abs on my pannel. I already read about 3 times the manual to know if i'm doing something wrong, but is not. I turn on the cruise control and as njaremka says, it turns on the word "Cruise" in orange color, then i press the set button and release the throttle pedal but the word "Cruise" never turns into green. I already check the 3 abs fuses located nexto to the batery but they are ok. Any other sugestion?

Have you resolved your issues? If yes - how? What was wrong? I have the same problem, nobody can deal with it...

Back