Eibach Pro kit / Koni FSD combo Question = bump stop

Msugi07

Hey guys, (hi)

So right now I have Tein S-tech's with stock shocks and hate the ride and the way it looks. So i have done major research and purchased the Koni/Eibach combo kit from Tirerack.com because it was on sale. So I will be receiving the kit and am worried that I will need to purchase new bump stops for my car. I cut the bump stops I have for the teins to fit. Anyone think I should leave it along or is there different specs to cut for the prokit? Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike

if you cut them already, you should be fine. the teins lower more than the eibachs anyway, right?

I actually have your current setup and am surprised you don't like the ride or the look. Mine is smooth and quiet. Cruises down the highway. The look seems spot on too. Clearly lowered, but clearly functional and within factory alignment specs. Did you get a decent alignment and wheel balancing after putting the springs on?

njaremka - Yes they are cut, but to the spec of the teins. Wont the new set-up with the eibach make the shocks possibly bottom out or am I backwards and because the teins were lower, I am safe?

Straeliterun - I loved the set up at first and yes I had the car aligned and tires balanced. I've have them on for about a year now and the ride has gone down the hole. I hit the smallest bump in the road and it sounds like a bomb went off. Plus this is my daily driver for work and I think i need a new set-up.

Last edited:
njaremka - Yes they are cut, but to the spec of the teins. Wont the new set-up with the eibach make the shocks possibly bottom out or am I backwards and because the teins were lower, I am safe?

you'll be fine

Update:

So the kit is on the way and I found some bump stops for the front from onlinemazdaparts.com for like $25. Does the Koni rear shock already come with a bump stop and dust cover together with the shock? I looked around online and noticed that the OEM shock comes as one piece and you can't buy the bump stop on the shock without buying the entire shock. Comments?

OK guys i need some input

So I talked with Koni today because it's a nightmare locating the rear bump stops and the front ones that I ordered are the wrong size. The guy at Koni thinks I will be ok with the cut ones that I currently have on the car. He stated that it would take a lot for the struts to bottom out. I need to know what you guys think because I am worried about the struts bottoming out and the warranty aspect of it. I just paid a lot of money for this kit and it would suck to have them go bad. Comments

if the koni guy said "OK", then you'll be fine. if they were wish-washy about how the strut would handle them, i would be concerned. sounds like they are ok, so just run them as is.

Started install today. I'll post pics soon. Fronts went in great took me about 40-45 a side. Looks and feels GREAT!

eeesh, S-Techs with FSDs...not a good match... FSD where disigned for the H-Techs and the Prokit form Eibach. Sorry for bustin' bubbles... You need the Yellows from KONI instead... yes the S-Tech are lower than sportline but just on front. S-Tech 2" front, 1" on back, Sport line 1.8" front, 1.8" Back. I had the S-Techs on my 05 and gave it that slam on front but awesome spring rate. I have the Sportline on my 07 now...Huge diference. in confort at that. but not on spring rate.
So yes...Pro Kit from Eibach and FSDs are perfect. and no they do not bring new bumpstops...you have to cut the factory in according to the instructions in the box with your new springs.

Last edited:
Back