I have a buzz/rattle in my air vent. How do I pull the vent?

mrozowjjj

I have a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3. The last month or so I notice an occasional buzzing rattle coming from the far left passenger vent, the round one closest to the door. It sounds like there is something loose in there or perhaps a rock or tree seed that is caught in the vent and moving around.

How do I remove the vent so I can get in there and check to see what's moving and causing the rattling? It's starting to drive me mad.

How hard do you have to tug on it? I've been giving it some pulls but it doesn't seem to move and I didn't want to break it.

Looks like it just pulls right out. Of course its not going to be easy, or else it would come out on its own. But just like it says, steady even pressure, and it should come out

Unless your just now hearing the infamous "dash rattle" every one of our ms3's have experienced. That sound is usually around where the windshield and dash meet

I have had a weird sound before too. I cannot get it to replicate based on my driving habits, but it almost sounds like the speedometer cable or something....I dunno what it could be. But yeah the car rattles and squeaks, so you might as well just get used to it. Turn up Miley Cyrus' 'Party in the USA' louder and roll the windows down! At least that is what I do........

(fuoops)

whatev! My 121 hp, v6, automatic 1984 ford mustang convertible had one!(nana)(evil)

LOL, I is stoopid

pull the glove compartment and tap on the "pipes" to see if you hear anything respond...if so just stick a shop vac hose in there and it should solve your issue...

So I left the vent out for a day or so. The next morning the rattle was still there. At lunch and on the way home it wasn't there anymore. I popped the vent back in and I heard it that morning but not since then. There doesn't seem to be any consistent ryhm or reason for it.

It was very hot the last few days so when I would come back into my car after it sitting out in the sun the last few days the car's AC would kick into high so maybe that blasted whatever was causing it it out?

So I left the vent out for a day or so. The next morning the rattle was still there. At lunch and on the way home it wasn't there anymore. I popped the vent back in and I heard it that morning but not since then. There doesn't seem to be any consistent ryhm or reason for it.

It was very hot the last few days so when I would come back into my car after it sitting out in the sun the last few days the car's AC would kick into high so maybe that blasted whatever was causing it it out?

i had a rattle that sounded like it was coming from the defroster vent. i tried so many ways to fix it. eventually i stuffed some foam padding way up under the dashboard. i reached up from near the accelerator and was able to stuff it under the center of the dash.. no rattles since.

if yours comes back it may be something under the dash garnish or dash..

Back