Cargo space -- gap between 2nd and 3rd row seats...

RobertinMD

:
2011 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
So how do you guys mitigate that pronounced gap between the 2nd and 3rd rows when all rear seats are folded?

So how do you guys mitigate that pronounced gap between the 2nd and 3rd rows when all rear seats are folded?

Is the 2nd row slid back all the way? I've not noticed a pronounced gap when I have both the 2nd and 3rd rows folded.

Is the 2nd row slid back all the way? I've not noticed a pronounced gap when I have both the 2nd and 3rd rows folded.

I thought I did, but I'll check again tomorrow. Might take pictures to show what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Actually I have learned smaller things can go down there, and in some respects it's handy. Otherwise I've learned to load longer items across the space as a bridge. Were I doing an extended trip where it was going to be a problem, I'd throw a blanket across the space and cut a thin piece of plywood as a bridge, and lay it on the blanket so as to not chaff the carpet.

While we're on the general subject, I've also learned to cover the deck with a furniture pad, and allow it to hang over the the outside, and cover the step and bumper as I am loading larger objects. A couple of times I would have had scratches, or a dent in the stainless step, had I not been using it. We haul a lot of church gear each Sunday, and there is a lot of opportunity to beat the vehicle up if care is not taken. When the load is complete, the pad just flips up over the load, and is in place again as I unload.

Creative ideas there, drchuck. Thanks.

I did get the cargo tray, which is great, but when all rows are down there is that "precipice" between the 2nd and 3rd row.

Attachments

• 2011_cx-9_cargo_1.jpg
    2011_cx-9_cargo_1.jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 448
  • 2011_cx-9_cargo_2.jpg
    2011_cx-9_cargo_2.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 420
  • 2011_cx-9_cargo_3.jpg
    2011_cx-9_cargo_3.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
I find it great to stuff purchases in, while parked in the parking lot. Leaving stuff in your vehicle in plain view invites a window smash and grab here in Italy.

Back