Fluttering noise (also known as turkey noise) from Weapons-R cold air intake

AaronBoze

:
2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
I had a Forge motorsports dual piston blow off valve on my 2003 mazdaspeed protege along with the weapons r cold air intake.. It makes the fluttering noise when i release the gas while in the range of my turbo. I took the blow off valve off and put the stock one back on thinking that would fix the problem. With the stock one on the car continues to make the fluttering noise (turkey noise). This is the first time me or my dad has owned a turbo and not completely sure how they work so we dont know what is causing the noise.. Please help!! Thank you in advance!

That's the boost pressure releasing, nothing wrong at all. You just couldn't hear it before because of the stock intake but your car has done it all along, my car does it with the stock intake and the Forge replacement bpv and wastegate. You should keep the Forge BOV on there as it will vent more air than the stock bpv, and I wasn't aware Weapon R made an intake for the MSP.

Is there a way to change the flutter noise to more of a "pssssssttt"? Like maybe buy an HKS bov?

Im pretty sure if u do hard pipes and a mass. Relocation after the bov u can run a strait bov. And it should give u a more normal sounding blow off. I get made fun of a lot for the turkey call Haha but it does turn heads

Thanks for the help. from the sounds of it i just need an HKS bov. and to relocate my mass air flow. ha and yeah i get made fun of too about my turkey. my girlfriend says it sounds like something is wrong with the car. but i just ignore her bcuz it is still kinda cool to have the turkey! ha

Yeah its my favorite. What can i do to prevent my car from stalling in fourth and fifth? or do i have to live with that? haha

Back