wet driver floor

beba

:
2002 mazda protege 5
just bought my mazda, love it, but another car's issues have followed me .. when it rains the driver side floor is wet, I think its from the door area approx 20cm from the front, any ideas what I need to plug up or clean up
thanks

Maybe something on the firewall letting stuff in while driving? or is this happening while car is just sitting?

Theres a bad seal around where the clutch goes through the firewall. Get under and have a look at the metal bracket around where the clutch goes through, when u find it just put some silicone on your finger and smear it around the outside, if your cars an auto im not sure.

auto .. i will continue to look out for it and see if its the seal at the bottom of the door ...
thanks

I'm having the same problem didn't know about the master slave cyl. Part ill check that is your door hard to open when it rains or really humid?

recent storm in gta showed me water is comin in from the middle section, car is automatic unfortunately, but i will case this down too

Check your sunroof drain lines. If they're clogged, try blowing them out with some low pressure compressed air or take some wire and push it through them. I have this problem on my accord.

leaking in from the vent under the driver seat, possibly seal around windshield, will have to go see a body guy shortly

Mine was leaking right under the wiper linkage housing. It was rusty and I had to put a ton of silicone there. It took a week to dry the wet carpet + floor. I Had to dismantle that carpet too in order to wipe the water. Good luck.

Back