Auxiliary Port Diagram

koosie

:
2011 Mazda 5 (2.0l, 6 Speed, Electronic doors, 7 Seats)
Good day.

Please can someone help me with the diagram for the aux plugin. I have a TOMTOM for iPhone car kit and would like to connect it to the aux input on my radio. I have a 3.5mm jack that goes from the TOMTOM to the aux input on my dash but would like the cable to go the back of the aux plug so that you don't see the cable. I already connected the power for the TOMTOM to the back of the 12v outlet, and that is working 100%, now only for the aux input to the head unit of the radio. there are 5 wires running form the aux input on the dash, Red/Bleu, Red/White, Red/Green, Black, Black/White. Please can someone help me with the diagram so that I can connect my iPhone to my Aux input. Thank You. PS: if you would like to see the plug and the wires, please let me know and I will upload pictures.

So your vehicle doesn't have an AUX port next to the power outlet? The US '08+ has a standard 3.5mm stereo connection feeding the radio already.

Are you describing the wires from the AUX on the back of the stereo, or from the AUX port under the shifter?

no it does have the aux jack next to the power outlet, but i would like to connect the wires coming from the TOMTOM to the back of the Aux port next to the power outlet.

there are extra wires because the mazda5 aux port also monitors when something is plugged into it. my mazda5 will not switch to the aux port unless i have the cable plugged into it. if nothing is plugged in, i can press the media button until i'm blue in the face, and nothing will happen. once i plug the cable in, i can press media button and it immeadiately switches to the aux input. follow?

all that being said, i dont think its as easy as splicing a couple of wires to make it work.

If that's the case, I'd imagine it's simply a matter of jumpering the 2 wires permanently that signal this. Again, the connector itself will show you where to hook each wire to since the TRS (or TRRS) is a standard.

Good info, but still not sure...

I have a similar post asking about hardwiring into the back of the 1/8" aux-in (from a 2010 Mazda 5 GT). So, from the WIKI link I know how the TRS plug works and what part of it does what, but that doesn't help me realize which of the 4 wires of the aux in wiring harness does what. Anyone figure out which is the left, right, and ground? I'll take another look and get a picture of the wires so everyone can see. If I figure anything out I'll include it here too. Thanks.

(nana)

What I did was (Because I effing hate exposed wiring clutter) I took the center console apart and used a 2 way splitter https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) I mounted teh one end where the existing plug was in the factory whole and left the other end hang free with my aux cable running to a whole in the little cubby above the shifter. You can run the cable just about anywhere you want to. I'm working on a docking station for my Ipod just to clean it up more and make it look like it came stock.

Back