2010 speed cobb ap

10ms3

:
2010 mazdaspeed3
about to order an accessport for my speed. i have a few questions though if anyone knows the answer. i dont know what to do with the intake i have now. ive got the aem cold air intake and the only maps i see listed are all for short rams. other mods include turbo smart bov and street unit test pipe. not sure if i need to look at getting a different intake first.
Thanks for the help!

I went through a couple maps at first. There are also a ton of preloaded maps with a better description of the mods on the AP itself. I don't think they have a map for a TP either. It only has them for a free flowing downpipe.

Hey guys, check out our latest release that we just posted for the GEN2 MS3! We have a ton of new maps for both the 2010 and the 2011 including maps for Tubo Inlet Hoses (TP/TIH) etc. Go to the map download page found here: http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=5926. The complete listing of maps can be found there!

Travis
COBB Tuning

got the tuner in today and no good news. mods on the car are AEM cold air intake, street unit test pipe, turbo xs 50/50 blow off valve. ran stage 1 for the cp-e CAI (only cold air listed) and no luck. getting a bad boost/fuel cut in the upper rms. on a 3rd gear pull saw fuel psi drop to 700-800 range when it cut. took off the tune and watched my fuel pressure with the "stock" tune. it stayed between the 1400-1600 range. so i guess i was border line without a tune. im going to try a "safe mode" tune in a few minutes and see how that goes. but it looks like im going to have to suck it up and order fuel pump internals

also saw my boost hit 20lbs on the stage 1 tune. with the stock tune it was 17.5 max i believe. seems to be a little high.

Damn, that sounds dangerous. Ha. Weird though. I really need to get to the highway and get some better logs myself.

got the tuner in today and no good news. mods on the car are AEM cold air intake, street unit test pipe, turbo xs 50/50 blow off valve. ran stage 1 for the cp-e CAI (only cold air listed) and no luck. getting a bad boost/fuel cut in the upper rms. on a 3rd gear pull saw fuel psi drop to 700-800 range when it cut. took off the tune and watched my fuel pressure with the "stock" tune. it stayed between the 1400-1600 range. so i guess i was border line without a tune. im going to try a "safe mode" tune in a few minutes and see how that goes. but it looks like im going to have to suck it up and order fuel pump internals

The new cars will just keep adding in fuel as fuel pressure drops, and as boost increases, fueling/pressure also increases so if you have a dead or dying pump, it just gets worse and worse. If you drop below a certain fuel pressure threshold, the car will fuel cut, so you aren't getting boost cut per se, but the ECU is pulling the plug on the fun! It looks like you have the matter in hand, let us know if you need any further assistance.

tried the tune for the cobb short ram intake and car ran a little better. fuel pressure was within specs. only cut in first at wot. no real difference according to the "butt dyno" but the car does pull longer and no longer taper off on top end. the tune i was having problems with was for the cp-e CAI (only CAI listed i have the AEM cai) .so for right now......stock untill i get fuel pump internals and then im going to start looking for someone to do a custom tune.

Last edited:
ok i could not take the car with no tune and a tuner sitting in the house. re installed the accessport and decided to give the stage 1 tune another shot. used the cpe CAI 91 octane stage 1 tune. Fuel pressure is holding steady and everything seems to be up to par now. only think i saw out of the ordinary was a boost spike around 19psi. Maybe something went wrong during the first install...but all is well now. i will post some logs later if i get a chance if anyone is interested

One thing to look at when looking at your logs and boost is the elapsed time on the log. Boost may "spike" past the target, but it should only happend for a split second. Boost control is not a binary switch where the ECU can ramp boost up to a specific point and then hold it, it is a bit more reaction-based. As boost climbs it may climb past the target, then the ECU opens the WG and boost will drop back down. Usually overboost conditions are met when either boost stays above targets or climbs out of control. So if you were HOLDING 19-20psi, that might be an issue. If it just pops up above the target and then settles back down to the target, that is acceptable as long as there is no knock!

Travis
COBB Tuning

havent really been on here a lot lately, but ive made a few changes. now have a cnt catted downpipe, kmd fuel internals, and cx racing fmic. currently in the process of a custom tune on the accessport :)

stage 1 tune seemed to be just a little more peppy than stock id say. after the downpipe and front mount you can really feel it pulling harder on a stage 2 map. still working on some tweaks. plan to hit the dyno in a month or so. next on the list is methanol injection and MAYBE big turbo sometime in the future

Back